What reaction would the JW's have if you walked into the Kingdom Hall?

by JH 56 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Imagine if the elders did like the example of the prodigal son in the bible and would open their arms and hearts to us.......awww can you feel the love.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Can they do that???

I'm not sure if they can, but I think they would try. I threatened legal action if they harassed me or trespassed on my property, so I suspect they would do the same if I showed up.

W

• mouthy
    mouthy

I did just that. It was Memorial time... The elders stood in the aisle looking at me when the embles went around--- I did not take...---No one sat next to me either side I was NOT at the back either. I was told after I was FORTUNATE they even passed me the plate they should not have..

I just wanted to see how the LOVE worked

• Dansk
    Dansk
    The elders stood in the aisle looking at me when the embles went around--- I did not take

Shame - that would certainly have given them something to think about. LOL!!

Love ya, Grace ((((((((((()))))))))))

Ian

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, if the Hall was full of the same people that were there 25 years ago when I was DF's in a blaze of apostate glory, then I would imagine the buzz of conversations to gradually lower in volume as furtive looks came my way. Then the room temp would drop several degrees. Wow, I could help them save $ on A/C!

• juni
    juni

Hi Grace!!!

How many times have you been told to wear your deodorant??????

Juni

• juni
    juni

I would expect a lot of stares and whispering. And I know an elder, no 2 elders, because we don't want an appearance of impropriety with a former "sister" would approach me to see how I've been and what they can do to "help" me.

Juni

I won't copy/paste all of those ha, ha's Ian. That must've been quite a finger exercise!! Good to see you're feeling good!!

Juni JH, hi! Since it's your thread I'll go off topic a bit. How is your sunburn? You looked really burnt in the pics of the Apostafest. Juni (that's a sunburned face)

• sandy
    sandy

"Good to see you here" "The friends all miss you" "Jehovah wants you back" I could just here all their lame comments. I am sure the ones who shun me in public would talk to me at the KH. They think as long as I am J's house their rules allow them to greet me. I still cannot believe how I was so blind while a J-dub. How I could not see the the whole religion is set around unscriptural rules. They say they are governed by love but they are truly governed by RULES.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I think they would be initially horrified, followed by sheer glee they have someone to stare at for two hours and whisper about. I ask, again, why do dubs stare at DF'ers. Do we have something in our noses???

• done4good
    done4good

Don't know, don't care, wouldn't go.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit