What reaction would the JW's have if you walked into the Kingdom Hall?

by JH 56 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

For those who didn't attend meetings for a while, Imagine that you just walk into your Kingdom Hall 10 minutes before a meeting. What would be their reaction?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have considered this.

I would stand in the middle of the foyer and make sure I greeted everyone thru the doors. I am not DF'd so they would not know what to do - since they have been shunning me in public for a while.

Perhaps after the meeting I could invite a few out for a meal and 'spiritually uplifting association'? I would love to see that reaction. Just the fantasy though - I can't go back in that hell hole again.

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

Lovebombed for the most part.

I grew up "in the truth" and I know a lot of people still in. On the rare occasion that I go to the hall, once or twice a year), it is like old home week. I get to chat with all my old buddies, catch up, see how much the kids have grown. I do get looked at sideways by a few people, but overall most people go out of their way to say "hi" and are very pleasant.

• JH
    JH

I'm sure they would think, "Hey JH is back for a few meetings", then we won't see him for the next 2 or 3 years. Like usual, the elders would come over to me and say, hey you made the right decision.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

If Trev and me walked into the kh we used to attend, we'd be ignored by most of the jws, as we are both da'd.

It ain't gonna happen though, 'cos we ain't gonna go.

• KW13
    KW13

Some would give me a funny look, others would be dead nice to me, others would try offering me a study.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

fear...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Fear...

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

They would have to call Emergency 911 because the only why I'd step in another KH is if I were dead.

But of course I wouldn't be able to walk because I am dead.

But if I am dead then I wouldn't be able to type this post.

Sorry, I'm getting confused now. Brain dead.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Terror, especially for the jw's who have retired and moved into our tourist area in the last 18 months.

They've all been treated to a drive-by of the evil apostate's home by the car group captains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit