Does the GB truly beleive they are being used by God

by sspo 38 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I like a comment that blondie made in her WT summary that if they really belived the BS that they put out...Why was it wide ly reported that so many of the GB's hoped to live to see the end of this system. These are the men who are supposed to at death be changed in the twinkling of an eye and be next to god (depending what light you are veiwing, either they will participate in the events of armegedon or merely be onlookers.) So tell me which vantage point would you rather have?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey arthur, what page was that on in hassan's book?

• VM44
    VM44

In 50 years do you think the men who make up the GB then will think they have been chosen by God?

Let's see in 2056 do you think the JWs will even say that they were chosen by Jesus in the year 1919?

Will the year 1914 have any significance to them then?

Will the JWs even be around anymore in that year?

--VM44

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Hey arthur, what page was that on in hassan's book?

Page 99 (soft cover edition)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

SSPO,

Geoffrey is certainly not shy of publicity and a great showman when giving talks. Whilst a special pioneer on Tuvalu he wrote and published the first Tuvaluan dictionary, and used to dine with the Prime Minister of Tuvalu.

If you are a JW and want to be a powerful leader there is nothing better to aspire to than being on the GB, and the only way to do that is get anointed. Out of 6,000,000 publishers there are probably less than 1000 anointed brothers that the WTS consider genuine anointed. Of these there are only a handful of intelligent, youthful brothers that could fill the role of Corporate and Spiritual leader, as required to be on the GB, so there is little competition for the role.

If I was a bethelite, CO or missionary and loved the spotlight I would seriously consider claiming to be anointed as the way to fast track to the top of the JW pyramid.

• VM44
    VM44

"I would seriously consider claiming to be anointed as the way to fast track to the top of the JW pyramid."

It also helps if one is a lawyer as well.

--VM44

• Gill
    Gill

Before they becaome one, perhaps. After becoming a member of the GB their doubts will quickly become concrete fact that they're not!

They're all nuts! And the ones under them are all nuts for believing that they are. How totally insane!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm not sure that they TRULY believe it, if they do they must be totally insane.

The important thing is that the rest of the flock either believe or accept it, and carry on falling for everything the gb say, no matter how ridiculous.

• done4good
    done4good

I knew Dan Sydlik for many years. He would often say things like "someday, we will probably find out we were too hard on ourselves". The GB really do not agree on much in the inner circle, FWIW. Unfortunately, Dan was not in a position to be a politcal animal, as the likes of Franz or Jaracz, and mostly, just quietly deferred to the pecking order. I do believe he felt somehow that the group was being used by god, even if he didn't agree with many of the decisons. It's really just more of the "top down" delusion that exists in the org.

j

• Honesty
    Honesty
    trust me they know they are lying. it's as plain as day. just call the bethel and ask a few good questions. from the writing dept or service dept. start by asking the name of who you are speaking with? then go from there, you will figure out in minutes. you have nothing to fear from them. trust me just call them. and ask a few questions. your eyes will be opened in less than 2 minutes. 1-718-560-5000. you have never talked to such nasty , rude people till you call bethel and ask a few good questions. in fact no one even has a name there. they are even dumber than your local jw that knocks at your door call and see for yourself. Johnnycip

All it took for me was ONE call back in 2004 and I knew by their attitude that I was a member of a religious group that had ABSOLUTELY ZERO LOVE at the very top of the food chain. I DA'd within 3 hours of talking with Brooklyn Bethel. The reason it took so long was because the elders weren't home from service after I got off the phone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit