Does the GB truly beleive they are being used by God

by sspo 38 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

What do you think?

I have a hard time accepting the fact that intelligent men truly beleive the Creator has a special arrangement with them and somehow they are being used in a special position because of one scripture about the faithful and discreet slaves.

They should all be locked up in a nut house for beleiving that.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have known Geoffrey Jackson and all his family personally for decades. He is very witty and very intelligent. I struggled to comprehend how he possibly believed he was suddenly chosen as one of the 144,000 when in his 40's. I now can not believe he would fall for the the GB thing. I just wonder if his claimed anointing was a strategy to get on to the GB in order to improve a religion that he loves, without really falling for the concept that the Holy Spirit is doing the leading.

Ray Franz is intelligent and sincere and he fell for it. The difference is he had enough integrity to see through it all and leave.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

trust me they know they are lying. it's as plain as day. just call the bethel and ask a few good questions. from the writing dept or service dept. start by asking the name of who you are speaking with? then go from there, you will figure out in minutes. you have nothing to fear from them. trust me just call them. and ask a few questions. your eyes will be opened in less than 2 minutes. 1-718-560-5000. you have never talked to such nasty , rude people till you call bethel and ask a few good questions. in fact no one even has a name there. they are even dumber than your local jw that knocks at your door call and see for yourself.

• sspo
    sspo

I beleive Ray Franz saw that there was no holy spirit behind the GB, he saw that the bible was secondary in their decisions and the GB was nothing but a group of CEO in making sure that the company continued to grow, after all it is the american way.

GROWTH AT ALL COST AT THE EXPENSE OF THE SMALL GUY AND ANYONE THAT TRIED TO STOP THEM WOULD BE ELIMINATED OR DF.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I think they know, but are too wrap up in it to tell everyone that it is a lie. Think about how they would get sued! They in too deep now, it's probably easier to continue on with the illusion than to face the reality

• VM44
    VM44

Russell thought that he was indeed chosen by God.

The story is told of Russell having a dream of his being in a room of sleeping people, and of his going around trying to wake them. Thus Russell believed that he was chose to "wake" the people to God's prophetic words.

Rutherford believed he was chosen by Jehovah and particularly by Jesus when the inspection of the churches was made in 1919. Sometimes Rutherford had trouble distinguishing between the Lord's words and his own.

Then we come to Knorr, Franz, and Henschell, I don't know about them. They were not as loud as Russell and Rutherford were.

As for who is running the Watchtower today? It is a corporation. Nothing in the Bible says that Jehovah needs a corporation for His will to be done.

--VM44

• sspo
    sspo

JWFACTS

What kind of brother was Geoffrey Jackson? Was he a humble individual or one that wanted to move up the ladder?

It seems claiming to be of the anointed would be the only way to move up to greater responsibility and prestige.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I have a hard time accepting the fact that intelligent men truly beleive the Creator has a special arrangement with them and somehow they are being used in a special position because of one scripture about the faithful and discreet slaves.

I think they really do believe it. And that is the scary part of it. I would like you to read some statements made by Steven Hassan in his book: Combatting Cult Mind Control:

"Be warned that a destructive cult will not always have a leader who is glorified to outsiders or who enjoys great personal wealth."

"They may be acting out of delusion and mind control, not out of a deliberate scheme to make money and use people."

"Many destructive Bible cults have leaders who are not conspicuous consumers and who appear to hold God and the Bible above them in authority; yet their interpretation of the Bible and God's will is used to manipulate and control people."

Sound familiar ??

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    they are even dumber than your local jw that knocks at your door call and see for yourself.

Johnny, I tend to agree. I had 6 elders on my judicial committee. The 3 that were bethelites made me shudder with their ignorance and arrogance. They did not even try to formulate intelligent answers.The other 3 elders were actually very thoughtful and caring, and they at least tried to answer my questions.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I had 6 elders on my judicial committee.

Why did they use 6 instead of 3? Was this a second committee on an appeal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit