London

by bikerchic 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Out of the next five days it's going to rain on three of them in Manchester and not once in London

Yep, typical Bank Holiday weather - but they breed 'em tough up 'ere!

Enjoyed the banter!

Ian

• south african beef
    south african beef

Yorkshire! Dansk, how could you praise Yorkshire? What has happened to the great red rose/white rose divide? Or is it a case of clubbing together?

Of course any southerners who move north are going to say that they wouldn't move back down south - they would never admit they had made a mistake and the fact is they pobably couldn't afford to make the return trip. As I mentioned before, the laws of supply and demand dictate prices and that's why everything is more expensive here. If everyone really loved the north it would be as expensive there.

It's the same mentality as those that go and live in Australia - they all say it's great but where is the culture, the history, even the manners?

Actually I better stop now or I'm going to alienate the whole world!

Cape Town is a lovely place to be all year round - see ya around!!!

P.S I too had to take a break as I was watchting the Grand Prix - a multi multi million pound sport boasting the highest technology known to man - the majority of the teams are based in Southern England, in fact not one team is based futher north than Milton Keynes!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Yorkshire! Dansk, how could you praise Yorkshire? What has happened to the great red rose/white rose divide? Or is it a case of clubbing together?

I speak the truth. North Yorkshire is a fabulous county! I love the Dales!!

Of course any southerners who move north are going to say that they wouldn't move back down south - they would never admit they had made a mistake and the fact is they pobably couldn't afford to make the return trip. As I mentioned before, the laws of supply and demand dictate prices and that's why everything is more expensive here. If everyone really loved the north it would be as expensive there.

That's not the reason. They realise that they get more for their money up here - great countryside, friendliness, wonderful pub and nightlife and with extra pounds in their pockets.

It's the same mentality as those that go and live in Australia - they all say it's great but where is the culture, the history, even the manners?

Yikes, SAB, I'd duck if I were you! When them Ozzies get on line you're in for a pasting!

Actually I better stop now or I'm going to alienate the whole world!

Think ya just have!

Cape Town is a lovely place to be all year round

Wouldn't know. Never been there - but one things's for sure, it can't be southern England!

- see ya around!!!

Hopefully at the Curry!

P.S I too had to take a break as I was watchting the Grand Prix - a multi multi million pound sport boasting the highest technology known to man - the majority of the teams are based in Southern England, in fact not one team is based futher north than Milton Keynes!

You're welcome to it, mate! We don't want the pollution up here. Don't you remember? London used to be known as 'The Smoke'.

Cheers,

Ian

• south african beef
    south african beef

Yeah London USED to be known as the smoke - back in the 30's. You are not seriously saying that the grimy industrialised northern cities have a good pollution record are you?!

Formula 1 doesn't in real terms give off much pollution but it does showcase technological and engineering excellence.

I went to Cape Town for my honeymoon with Bubble in 2004 - I can assure you Cape Town is wonderful and the coastline dramatic, and it's warm!!!

You are right about the Ozzies, I'm definitely stopping now. we've been invited round to a neighbours house at 4 for a nice meal. Oh, southern hospitality - I suppose you think that that is an oxymoron!

Anyway Dansk, thanks for the banter and I really hope that Bubble and I will be seeing you soon at your aposta curry - obviously because we both are ex Witto's we do have a lot in common despite our geographical and cultural differences.

All the best,

Ian,
    SAB

• Dansk
    Dansk
    obviously because we both are ex Witto's we do have a lot in common despite our geographical and cultural differences.

Absolutely!

Enjoy your meal - and your lives together, always!

Ian

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

“Peppermint, are you coming to the Aposta Curry!”

Not really thought about it, but maybe I should come and show you how nice and friendly us southerners can be. Last time I was in Manchester was for Luton Town v Manchester City (with the David Pleat Jig at the end) now that’s a long time ago.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Luton Town v Manchester City (with the David Pleat Jig at the end

Saw it on TV. City went downI loved southerners that day!!

Ian

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ahhh, alas, we never got farther North than 5 miles S of Cambridge, and I have totally and completely fallen in love with Cornwall, especially S and SW Cornwall - Lizard and Penwith penninsulas. I have this strong desire to spend a month in Mousehole (pronounced Mowzel) on the SW coast (east side of Mounts Bay) just S of Penzance. In Winter or early Spring, none-the-less! (I'm sure there is something very mental about wanting to spend winter in Cornwall.....)

If I can round up the $,$$$, in the good faith that Northern England is worth a visit - I'm hoping to fly into Manchester for a week before moseying on down south. London is already out of the way, and my only reasons to return there would be to track some of my ancestors - specifically Thomas Pearson who bought land from Wm Penn whilst in London and came over with his first voyage in 1682.

And I never thought that England would get under my skin like this! It just blows me away!!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

PS - Bikerchic - thanx for starting this thread... it's probably more on'track than it would have been if you titled it "Hard Rock"! heheee!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I have totally and completely fallen in love with Cornwall

Understandable as it's beautiful - but so is the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. I love Wensleydale. Then, there's beautiful Lancashire, to which county Manchester once belonged - and we're close to wonderful Cheshire, too! My, you're in for a real treat!!

Hugs and love to you and Kevan.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit