London

by bikerchic 77 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    If my wife and I are ever in Aruba we get to do shots from them.

If you promise to take me to Aruba too! I listed Aruba as my "wish I was there"......my dreamer side gets the better of me sometimes, that and this JW fading thing.

• Asheron
    Asheron

Must be late...I found the Berlin location...thoughts so!!!!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I found the Berlin location

Yay! Does the happy dance!

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    Ian, lowden,Ironhead and S A B, you guys crack me up I had no idea Brits were so territorial! I would love to get to that part of the world someday I've always wanted to see what it's like there.

bikerchic,

There is a MASSIVE North-South divide in the UK. Then when you start factoring in the Welsh & the Scottish and the Cornish, you get a whole other territorial issue! And to think we live on an Island roughly the size of the State of Ohio it makes for interesting times! The territories are then further broken down when it comes to football (soccer). Me, I just like everyone... especially the Welshmen.... man those accents....

• lowden
    lowden

Bikerchic

Britboy's on the money with his desrciption of territorial idiosyncracies here in the UK.

We're a strange bunch. I think the reason for our crazy attitude is that we are made up of lots of different conquering nations and so we sometimes exhibit a somewhat TRIBAL mentality, seriously so. Saxons, Normans, Vikings (Danes, Norwegians, Swedes) ...oh and we mustn't forget the Romans, there'll definitely be some Roman blood knocking around too...but "what have the Romans ever done for us?".

Peace

Lowden

• south african beef
    south african beef

This thread seems to have been hijacked a bit - sorry about that.

Anyway, my tongue in cheek comment is that everyone knows that the South East of England is sinking - that's because we have all the money here weighing us down!

Also, the North and Scotland has only done well recently because lots of the money we make in the City of London gets transferred 'oop North' to help with the social deprivation.

Cheers!

S A B

• lowden
    lowden

LMAO at South African Beef!!!!

Well funny!

Lowden

• Dansk
    Dansk
    the South East of England is sinking - that's because we have all the money here weighing us down!

Yes, money you southerners got from the industrialised north!

Also, the North and Scotland has only done well recently because lots of the money we make in the City of London gets transferred 'oop North' to help with the social deprivation.

Bollocks! We've been bailing out the south for centuries. Southerners think England ends at Watford Gap!!

By the way: Watford 1-2 Manchester United Woo-hoo

Manchester City 1 - Arsenal (London) 0 Ha Ha

Ian Mancunian through and through and through and through........................

• south african beef
    south african beef

Yes Dansk, you lot make the stuff, we sell it for a lovely profit. We don't want to get our hands dirty - we just want to make the money.

And by the way, England culturally DOES end at Watford Gap - where are all the best theaters, museums, architecture, art galleries and restaurants? Oh, they all happen to be in London.

And your reference to football, I'm an Arsenal fan so yes, I'm hurting this morning but haven't you heard of Chelsea?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

london ..good

manchester ..better (hmmm???)

glasgow ..best

we dont have hard rock cafe though..but edinburgh does...and edinburgh rock too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit