IS JWD YOUR SHRINK?

by Dansk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I'm only 99.9% normal but that will have to do I'm afraid!

• done4good
    done4good

Very theraputic and healthy place. Makes leaving the borg much easier to handle, (not that there's much negative to that anyway).

j

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

yes yes yes....

How wonderful is it to realize that you are not the only one who thinks this way - that you are not mad . We are a great crowd!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, I already have a shrink and he says there is nothing wrong with me. It's every one else that's crazy! So I look at this place more as group therapy. Besides he doesn't really get all the inside humor when I make fun of the dubs. Also, I come on here at 3am sometimes if I can't sleep and I'm feeling lonely. I'm pretty sure if I show up at my shrinks house at 3am he's calling the cops and firing me as his client!

Cog

• alamb
    alamb

I posted this before but it's still true:

After leaving that life behind I now find myself in an exploding rush of emotion and passion and life. Life the people around me think nothing of but it is almost too painful and beautiful and wonderful to endure. I am touched to the soul at the sight of people holding hands, and cry when babies laugh, and am intoxicated by the beauty around me. I am exhausted at the end of each day with the emotions I now can almost taste and the tuggings and longings I now feel to my bones. I want to see it all. I want to feel everything. I want to thank everyone who had a hand in dragging me from the lifeless shell I was in while I fought them off and never forget that gratitude.

Thank you to the posters here for extending your hands and hearts, the lurkers for your curious spirits ( you aren't seen or heard but are very much felt), and the friends I have made for being the voice on the other end of the phone pointing the way for me, and to the friends I have yet to meet (may we walk this journey together). Life is good.

And Ian, you're a blessing.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    And Ian, you're a blessing.

Sheesh, alamb, you say the most wonderful things!

Actually, I only opened up the thread because I noticed you had posted. I love your posts - even more now!

Ian

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    We are a great crowd!

Sigh - weve gone from being THE great crowd to A great crowd. What a come down!!

(but I still love y'all )

• Dansk
    Dansk

This place is so wonderfully cathartic!

Ian

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Where else can I laugh and cry? I'm pretty much an open book. I have no secrets here. I get called on my shit, when I need to be, even though I may not like it. I know I'm not alone. I've gotten more from this place than all the shrinks I saw for many years. I learned how to "play" their game and tell them what they wanted to hear. Here, it's not that easy. We all know how the games are played.

I honestly don't know where I'd be without this place. It's my therapist, sometimes my NA meeting when I feel like using, my family,...................and more important, my friends!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit