IS JWD YOUR SHRINK?

by Dansk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Yes for me this is my support group.

I have no one close to me that I can openly discuss these issues with , and I am a talkative person . Discussions on here have helped me deal with the lonliness I feel now that none of my former friends will talk to me anymore .

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I'd say a deffinite yes for me! To read other experiences, to talk and comment on the issue's that affect us, to see new ones come along and the pain they feel that we all have and still do and yet know that people grow here, and realise there are so many genuine people here. Yes its a good place to be, and its something that deserves recognition, good topic Ian!

CS 101

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't like to admit that I need a shrink, Ian, but this is my haven and I know I benefit from being here, even though I don't post a lot.

Cheers

Chris

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I don't like to admit that I need a shrink

I'm beginning to think I should have put 'Shrink' in inverted commas!

Ian

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

BTW, It's nice to see your smiling face so often now Ian.

All my love to you and Claire

Chris

• Gill
    Gill

More of a friend really. I have learnt a hell of a lot here.

All the people I thought were my friends disappeared when I left the bOrg and I seem to be rubbish at connecting with people. So, without JWD there would be NO ONE to speak to except immeadiate family.

• lowden
    lowden

I have to concede a point here, which is that because the forum has helped the scales fall from my eyes in a more complete sense it has performed a 'shrinky' (now that's not even a WORD is it Lowden?) type of service.

So there!

And besides....i suppose friends always serve that kind of purpose in some way.

Peace

Lowden

• dido
    dido

It has helped me with my recovery, as i only discovered this site a few months ago, after 4 years of isolation. I didn`t realise that there were thousands of others who were in the same situation. I thought that this site was for jw`s, not ex`s or ones that wanted to leave, it was only thro` another ex that i met off the London site that told me about it, and since then i have learnt a lot from coming on here. It can be a lifeline to some of us who are trying to recover from that mind controlling evil cult.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I certainly feel less alone on this big, blue ball because of this site. I have never seen or talked to a real shrink so I can't formally compare; but i'd say talking with y'all makes me feel pretty good.

None of my current friends know what it's like to get dragged outta 3rd Grade class before the Christmas party to go and pile into some pioneer's beater station wagon with all your other Dub buddies.

• JH
    JH

I love this forum and I'm glad I found it. Not only did I meet wonderful people and true friends, but it's a place to vent and see that we're not alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit