Imagine - power to control dreams

by KW13 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Seriously, I very rarely dream! I was only discussing this with my Buddhist friend yesterday. Claire, on the other hand, dreams all the time - sometimes even talking in her sleep. My older son, Karl, used to sleepwalk! Now THAT is weird, because I used to have a conversation with him while he was walking and ever so gently encourage him back to bed.

It has been said that everyone dreanms, but that we just can't remember most of them. In my case I don't believe it. I have been an insomniac for 30 years. Recently I started sleeping, but it still takes me around 2 hours to get off - and my sleep is always broken.

Ian

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Dansk - I believe we all dream 4 times per night. It's something we need to do. If we're deprived of sleep for a long time, we begin to go through the same sleep cycle while awake - and hallucinate.

• luna2
    luna2
    Of course...who wouldnt be jealous of a 17 year old lad who has to dream about getting female attention and compliments....

Ouch! Body slammed by DB! lol

Maybe I should read up on this lucid dreaming stuff. My dreams are crazy and make no sense at all.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Dansk - I believe we all dream 4 times per night. It's something we need to do. If we're deprived of sleep for a long time, we begin to go through the same sleep cycle while awake - and hallucinate.

Seriously, I DON'T dream!! At least, not often!! Any dreams I have are spaced out - say, three months between each. I've been deprived of sleep for 30 years! Ask my wife - have driven her nuts trying to get off to sleep, while she can sleep on a clothes line! Strange thing is, apart from the illness I had, I never really felt tired. I was very athletic and worked hard. Believe me, I'd give anything to be able to sleep. When I die I'm going to make the most of it! Ian

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Ouch! Body slammed by DB! lol

The lads used to it....I often give him a right ear bashing on MSN lol.

Db74

• Mary
    Mary
    Hairy Mary: "Ya cool person you, I never said that last part, i said you are the most super good looking lad here, even more so than DB74!!!

Ah yes......I must've been lucid dreaming out loud......I'll try and control that in the future boys.

• luna2
    luna2

Ah, Mary, such a good sport with these naughty boys.

DB, what's that in your lap in your avatar? ::squinting:: A fish?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It is a fish...your right.

Sad that my best pictures are fishing photos but hey its better looking than I am (or KW13 for that matter) so its staying. lol

DB74 (Gary)

• Dansk
    Dansk
    DB, what's that in your lap in your avatar?

Some things are very personal. Have petty pity on the poor lad!

Ian

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Some things are very personal. Have petty pity on the poor lad!

I know fancy that...asking such personal questions on an open forum.

If i hadnt already admitted that it was a fish I couldve said its a physical affliction I have carried round with me since I was born....and played for the sympathy vote; damn!

Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit