Imagine - power to control dreams

by KW13 36 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I think tonight I will purposefully lucid dream I am putting bullets into the kneecaps of the Gov. Body and asking them if they're ready to apologize for all of their dirty deeds.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I do this on occassion. It's amazing and quite tiring. There's a theory that it's an OBE (out of body) experience. After experiencing several in the same week, I turned around and 'physically' walked out of one as I was too tired for another.

I thoroughly recommend, although a work of fiction, the novel ''NOBODY TRUE'' by James Herebrt.

• Skoshi
    Skoshi

I've been a lucid dreamer since childhood. The first time I took conscious control of a dream was sometime around age sixteen. I dreamt I was running down a dark corridor and something huge and breathing heavily was chasing me. I came to the end of the corridor with nowhere to go, turned around and saw something huge moving toward me in the semi-darkness. I realized it was just a dream, and I said so in the dream. "This is just a dream and I don't have to put up with this crap!" So I changed the dream to a very placid lakeside tableau, with an very sexy young woman, nude of course, for my pleasure. I became so excited I woke up!

My lucid dreaming has slacked off now that I'm in my fifties. On the other hand, I seldom have bad dreams. I have no idea how one would teach another to lucid dream, but you should give it a try. It's a lot of fun to create entire worlds in your mind, to fly, to summon forth dinosaurs, to walk on the Moon or Mars, whatever strikes your fancy when you realize you're dreaming.

Lucid dreaming, I'm convinced, si the most likely explanation for the OBE and "Astral Travel." These folks are simply accessing the ability to lucid dream.

Namaste,
    Skoshi

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I've had phases of lucid dreaming too.

I think the best one was when I was about 14 - I actually managed to 'serialise' my dream for about a month. I'd go to sleep each night and pick up where I'd left off the previous night. I wonder now whether it was my way of keeping some control of my life which I didn't have in the waking hours.

• KW13
    KW13

Hairy Mary Said "Alright KW13.....according to my calculations, it's about 01:30 am over where you are.....why aren't you in bed tryin' ta control your hovering dream??? Why are you still up??!! OH and your the best looking lad here"

Well, i did go to bed after posting and had a good sleep...was it a lucid one? no. :(

Oh and thanks mary, i know i am the best looking lad. Dreaming and awake.

I can't quote everyone elses replies, cos i am on firefox and i don't see the tools/emoticons e.t.c which is annoying, but i get the impression this is real thing and very interesting.

• Mary
    Mary
    Alright KW13.....according to my calculations, it's about 01:30 am over where you are.....why aren't you in bed tryin' ta control your hovering dream??? Why are you still up??!! OH and your the best looking lad here"

Ya lyin' little shit, I never said that last part!!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I do this on occassion. It's amazing and quite tiring. There's a theory that it's an OBE (out of body) experience. After experiencing several in the same week, I turned around and 'physically' walked out of one as I was too tired for another.

I thoroughly recommend, although a work of fiction, the novel ''NOBODY TRUE'' by James Herebrt.

Yes I have had similar experiences too...although not as pronounced as yours. I do tend to dream lucidly and did more so when I was young and had less inhibitions; I think that potentially has a lot to do with how advanced the experience becomes. Nobody True was an excellent book...enjoyed every bit of it...and surprisingly enough I was discussing this very subject and that very book with a friend last week. DB74

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Ya lyin' little shit, I never said that last part!!!

Hes attempting to control his dreams Mary...bear with him lol

• KW13
    KW13

Hairy Mary: "Ya cool person you, I never said that last part, i said you are the most super good looking lad here, even more so than DB74!!!

DB74: "Hes attempting to control his dreams Mary...bear with him lol"

Your just jealous gary :P

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Your just jealous gary :P

Of course...who wouldnt be jealous of a 17 year old lad who has to dream about getting female attention and compliments....

DB74

PS sorry matey lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit