Imagine - power to control dreams

by KW13 36 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Imagine, you go to bed and start dreaming. Once your in your dream however, you have control and choice over what happens...

Sound cool?

Lucid Dreaming is the correct term.

Take a look - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Do you think its real?

• Mary
    Mary

Alright KW13.....according to my calculations, it's about 01:30 am over where you are.....why aren't you in bed tryin' ta control your hovering dream??? Why are you still up??!!

• hybridous
    hybridous

I'm quite sure it's real - I do this all the time. I've experienced this since childhood; just assumed that everyone did this to some extent.

• carla
    carla

I know two people who can control their dreams and change them at will.

• grey matters
    grey matters

I haven't tried this in awhile, but I remember trying it years ago after reading about lucid dreams in a science magazine. I was having a dream about being at work and everything was going wrong. I remember that after awhile I thought "This is rediculous. This many things couldn't possibly go wrong all at the same time. This must be a dream. I'm going to prove it by opening my eyes." And I did. It was the weirdest feeling, because in the dream I was at work in a bright, white room. Of course, in reality, it was the middle of the night. So when I opened my eyes, the whole room faded to black.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Sometimes I have all-night nightmares, during which I wake up from time to time, fall back asleep and right back into the nightmare.
    I've found that when I start having the nightmare and wake up the first time, I can stop the nightmare by telling myself to stop dreaming about it and substitute something pleasant instead. Works every time.

• poppers
    poppers

Even better than lucid dreaming is lucid living.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Even better than lucid dreaming is lucid living.

LOL!!!! Good one, Poppers. If you tell yourself before you go to sleep that you will become aware when you start dreaming, you sometimes can pull it off. I have before. It's pretty weird to be in the middle of a dream and suddenly know that you're dreaming. Hanging onto your awareness and dreaming is hard. I forget within a few seconds.

• Dune
    Dune

When i was 13,14 i had a phase when i was obsessed with lucid dreaming.

I had about a year where i was having lucid dreams regularly. Afterwards i read some watchtower article and it made me feel bad so i stopped.

Funny thing is, i havent been remembering my dreams nearly as much as i used. I went from remembering one every other day to remembering them every other month...

• poppers
    poppers

Journaling your dreams each day is one way method for inducing lucid dreaming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit