Oh god this stinks

by restrangled 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Conversely, my wife and I have cut our JW daughter out of our will. Not because we don't love her but because we know part of anything she received would be donated to Watchtower.

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That is disgusting. It's theft, and the guy who erased the will was party to it.

I would seek legal help to see if anything can be done.

• Gill
    Gill

Have you sought legal help yet! That's one hell of a lot of money to donate to a book publishing company! Is it possible that the computer is still in existence? Is it possible your lawyer could 'requisition' it? I find it odd that this money then went to the WTBTS however! What was that all about? Didn't your mother need the money, or want it? Certainly wills bring out the worst in any one, from experience. Get some advice and see what comes of it.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

That skinks more than a stinkery, I hope you work something out

My father in law told us to our face that he had cut us out of his will as well as we had stopped going to the meetings, it was good of him to let us know, prick!!

Any how I don't want his stinking money he can give it to the borg

BM

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It isn't actually a 'will' until it is printed, signed and witnessed. In the meantime it's just a document. Even if you were to recover the electronic ghost of it, it has no legal value. If your dad didn't formalise it, his most recent will still applies, which is probably the old one your mum used to claim the entire estate.

If you have a will or you update it, make sure the recipients have a copy and know where to find the original. Store the original in a bank file or safe.

• restrangled
    restrangled

To answer all the questions.

The computer is long gone, so unless my father printed it out there is no record. Even if he did print it out, my mom threw out all his papers. My son just told me last night the amount left for him and his brother for college. Of course they won't see any of it.

Thanks for your sympathy.

r

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Actually, you can contest the will. I spoke with a elder about this last year and he mentioned that the society doesn't want to go to court fighting surviving family members and is willing to settle out of court.

If this happened in 1999, it's probably too late to do anything about it. But I know of 3 adult children of a JW who contested their mother's will. She was quite well to do and left all of her money to the WTS, supposedly because all of her children had left the religion. They hired a lawyer and the WTS didn't fight it. So her children got her money.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Seems to me that your mother did not respect your father too much. Why would she want to hurt her grandsons and in effect 'steal' thier inheritance and give it to the already weathy WTS?

I can only think of one word to describe such a person. It begins with B and ends with an itch.

Aside from that - I would get a lawyer and drag every possible person from the hall or anywhere else into court to testify about what they knew in this matter. They may be able to prove in court what she did and maybe the organization will pony up the money they got to keep the thing a little quiet in the press. I think this is called extortion and it is a crime isn't it?

Was the will legal and binding or just a statement on a computer with no legality?

Sorry for this situation. What kind of insensitive moron would do this. Unbelievable!

Jeff

• Dansk
    Dansk
    What kind of insensitive moron would do this. Unbelievable!

A typically insensitive JW moron!

Ian

Also if it was one the computer he may have sent it to someone. There would be a record of that also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit