Oh god this stinks

by restrangled 30 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

My son just informed me that his grandfather left him and his brother, (his only grandsons) , money for their education.. I had no idea, of the amount but it did make sense to me...A suposed $50,000.00 but the will was on a small personal computer and promptly erased by someone in my mom's KH at her request.

She has in the mean time shunned me, and low and behold sent $200,000.00 to the society. This tires me beyond belief.

Thanks for listneing....I am feeling CRAZY!

R.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Does it make sense to leave a will on a computer without a hard copy somewhere?

S

Ps, if you could acquire that computer, it could unerased pretty easy.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

How did you find this out?

That's terrible! I am shocked beyond belief. How absolutely callous. I am assuming it wasn't a legal will that the grandfather had in place it was just a request? But still. I can't believe it?

Nerds - can this sort of activity recorded anywhere on the hard drive and retrievable?

I wouldn't let this one go if I was you. I'd fight it and let them be shamed publicly for what they have done.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Would such a "will" be valid? I've never heard of such an option. How would it be witnessed and signed by those witnesses?

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( restrangled )))

This is pretty awful!

• Purza
    Purza

I don't think the will would be valid if it was just a document on a computer. Did your grandfather have an attorney? If so, they may have the original in their office. Its worth at least looking in to.

Purza

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Wow! That does stink. It's sooo crazy just to think of all the time and money we gave to the society over our lifetime. But, then to have someone go and just write a BIG check out to the society while your children could have used it for education really sucks!! I guess getting into paradise is more important to your mom then other things llike her family. Sorry

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Would such a "will" be valid? I've never heard of such an option. How would it be witnessed and signed by those witnesses?

I don't think that is the main issue. I think that they would wilfully go against a person's dying wishes is what is at issue. What sort of a person does that?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I just can't believe all the horror stories I read on here day after day...and all the money that is given to yet another false religion/cult. I'm so sorry! You should at least try talking with an attorney...although things are erased on a computer, they are most likely still on the hard drive. Is there any way you can get that and have it checked out before it gets destroyed??? You need to grab it quickly...

Swalker

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Satanus,

This was about 10 years ago. My father did not understand computers or hard drives or back ups. Just had my son help him write his will. My mom had it erased by a special MS 2 months after he died. ALL WAS GONE.....this was about the end of 1999.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit