How do you deal with telemarketers?

by Outaservice 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

once a siding marketer called me wanting to come out and do a free estimate on my home. at the time i was living in a apt. so being bored i went along with it, gave them my address except for the apt # and left it at that. i wish i could have seen the look on whoever's face when they arrived at the address...never got a call back from them either..

• agapa37
    agapa37

i dont answer DUH!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I suppose Dubs who 'telephone witness' are telemarketers.

My land-line is ex-directory (unlisted), but I do get these calls on my mobile phone. The usual calls are those trying to sell me mobile phone contracts. I got really fed up when I had 3 in one day from same company...asking me what network I'm on, and how much I pay. So I said, ''What's it got to do with you?'' and asked him how much HE pays and what HE'S on - he hung up. Another time they guaranteed they could be cheaper than what I'm currently paying.......I told them I DIDN'T pay anything - beat that.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

years ago, my son was messing with a telemarkerter, saying stuff like..hold on..I've got to poop. Then he took the phone in the bathroom. made all kinds of discusting noisies, flushing the toilet, running water..more grunting noises...finally hanging up...

A few minutes later the police pulled up in the driveway. Said they got a call that we were abusing an old man. I had to do some quick explaining.

lisa

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    i dont answer DUH!

oh come on... way too easy. LOL

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I dont let them get a word in edge ways...

Telemarketer:- we are calling offer you....

Me:- Am I bovvered....do I look bovvered.

Similar to this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UBgPEMY93Y

God bless the Catherine Tate Show!

• carla
    carla

Sometimes I just pretend I'm one of the kids. Once I actually had a guy ask for the 'man of the house'!!! hahahaha, did he get an earfull.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol -so funny Diamondblue, thanks for link - she's great. Someone bought me a Catherine Tate DVD last Christmas (when can we start writing our Christmas lists??) - I love the 'Old Woman'.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I love the 'Old Woman'.

Check this out then....I was howling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsCu80ZhMI

• Scully
    Scully

I can tell it's a telemarketer when they mispronounce my name or pronounce it as though they're asking a question and not certain that they've got it right. It really isn't that difficult a name to say, and if someone knows me, they know how to say it properly.

"We do not accept telemarketing calls. Please take us off your call list immediately. If your company calls again, I'm reporting you for harassment."

I had that taped next to the phone until I got comfortable saying it. I feel that this is also a necessary skill to teach my kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit