Send New Tract to Gay Groups

by metatron 24 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

You know what else pisses me off? Seeing Conan O'Brien posing for the Watchtower Magazine, that's what!!!!!!! Obviously Prince (or Lark Voorhies) got to him...

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

"Do you know of religions that condone immoral sex?"

I know of religions that condone child abuse.

• minimus
    minimus

Send the tract to religious groups, political groups, pro-abortionists, and every other "worldly" group. Met, this tract isn't anything new. We all know JWs don't like anybody but their own.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Send the tract to religious groups, political groups, pro-abortionists, and every other "worldly" group. Met, this tract isn't anything new. We all know JWs don't like anybody but their own.

That's a good idea min. The editor of the local paper is a friend of Trev's, and not a fan of the jws. If it were to appear in the paper before September 18th........lol.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think their view on gays depends on the area. When I came out here I know one girl my age threw up over the whole thing..and lots are going on about perverts and the like. I guess bigger cities might be different.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I emailed a link to the brochure on reexamine.org to my local chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union. I doubt they will blink an eye at it, but I figured it's better than not sending it. If they get a lot of emails, maybe they will speak out about it or something.

www.aclu.org ----> find your local chapter's email address -----> send them the link http://www.reexamine.info/00s/the_end_of_false_religion_is_near.pdf & tell them jws are distributing this in your local community & why you're concerned about it (e, concerned saying God is going to destroy other religions by fire soon will provoke hatred)

For lurkers---this is not the first attempt at hate-mongering by the wts. Examples of their reprehensible past: Brochure: Are JWs Loving? (A discussion of the unloving acts of jws now and throughout history, including anti-Semitism, shunning, and hate of other religions. Contains a long list of wt literature citations. 4-page foldable color brochure suitable for printing on 2 sides of 8.5" x 11" paper.)

• metatron
    metatron

Ah, but minimus, don't ignore the present context of this tract in the world, at large.

Actually, the tract is rather toned down compared to past radical nonsense from the Watchtower. But that doesn't

matter! We live in a deeply tolerant age which this tract clashes with. It gives us an opportunity.

Imagine sending this to every local political, media and religious person you know together with the message

"Jehovah God is going to kill you and your children if you don't obey the Watchtower and become

one of Jehovah's Witnesses right away!"

You could even offer a return address that features Theodore Jaracz's name.

Now, wouldn't that be funny? Wouldn't it really be the most loving thing we could do, since Armageddon is so

close?

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

That's my point! Just centering on gays is not that big of a deal. But when WATCHTOWER wants to get roads built or properties sold or even get a damn library card----give all those officials that tract and see if they can P R their way out of it.

• metatron
    metatron

Well, gay groups often have an enthusiasm, a la "ACT UP" -- but otherwise, I can see we're on the same page.

mischief shall abound.

metatron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

From the tract, so some churches have "tolerated child sex abuse", eh? Hmmmmm

Trouble when one finger points forward, three are pointing back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit