SITTING ON THE BACK ROW..............NO, NOT AT THE MOVIES, AT THE KH

by vitty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

I'm, with Dismembered! I could NEVER go back!!

I swear, even if my older daughter died and I was asked to attend her funeral I still wouldn't go. I've had a bellyful of that garbage and I vowed I'd never listen to anymore. Claire agrees with me!

Ian

• nelly136
    nelly136

is that a new thing or just a varient from cong to cong, anyone that i've known has been sat at the back,

when i went to my mothers wedding with my dfd stepsister they'd put two chairs at the very back for us to sit on then got confused when we sat halfways down. anyone who hadnt already got a seat before we got there desperately tried to squeeze into the rows in front of us or on the other side of the hall.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I visited a nearby church one Sunday and after a short ways into the program, the pastor ( a lady) asked the congregation to stand up and shake hands and get acquainted with the people sitting nearby. The whole congregation did that. There was a friendly buzz for about 5 minutes and then we all sat down. It was nice. I liked it.
    I had two thoughts right after the meet and greet. One; This would be a good deterrent to not having a fight with anybody because next week they might be sitting in front of me. Two; This could never happen in a Kingdom Hall. Half the Witness people don't like the other half and there might be shunned people at the meeting.

• mama1119
    mama1119

When I was trying to get reinstated I had it timed exactly when I would arrive, right after song had started, and go straight to the farthest row back I could. We had a semi-circle style seating, so I had to endure eyes on me all meeting long. Thank goodnees when I had my daughter and I could sit most of the time in the little nursing room. Then I packed up all my belongings as the last song played and held them, during prayer so I could jet as soon as they said Amen. It was horrible when, on Sundays, I had morning bookstudy then had to wait 30 minutes in the parking lot for Sunday Meeting while all the other attendees ate lunch together inside or were visiting outside, and they would see you waiting in the car and just stare. What is with staring at DF people anyway???

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I've been so sick of all the BS from the JW's, that when my mom re-married I told them that I would not attend the wedding because it was going to be inside a Kingdumb hall. I did make it to the reception, just in time to see the whole place packed with JW's looking for free food and drinks.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i wasnt invited to the reception,it was made plain i wasnt welcome there in case i might have stumbled someone.

mind you....the thought of all that orange juice and barn dancing didnt really give me an urge to go anyways

• gymbob
    gymbob

I remember one time I said "hi, nice to see you" to a DF'd friend, then a elder came over to me and said, "she's disfellowshipped, why are you talking to her?" I said, "all I did was say hi and nice to see you....isn't it nice to see her?" He just walked away.... oooooh, can you feel the love?

• Gerard
    Gerard

I am Gerry's wife (usin his logon, check me as Rowan).

For me it was hell. We lived in a dangerous area and had to ring for the door to get opened (of course, I always had to get there late) and then walk along a long corredor to the main hall. Then I had to wait outside of the hall for my relatives to come out and go home. So there I was, at night, in a dangerous area, it was cold... anyways, once I almost got mugged.

When my mother went through an abdominal emergency and had to get surgery, after the meeting, everybody flocked around my father. I got one dirty look from the truck driver elder that DF for me to get the heck out from there. I'll never forget the sensation of waiting outside, in the cold, for my father while he was being comforted by the brothers. After he came out we took a cab and went to the hospital. I am glad dad was comforted, I was also supporting him emotionally.but nobody was there for me. and the JW were all the world I knew at that time.

After 10 months of this treatment I applied for reinstatement. It was denied because in two occasions I did not outline the WT study, and I did not bring with me the ministery thingy for the thursdays meeting, you know after the theocratic school, I don't know how it is called in english. funny, it was the elders who refuse to give it to me because I was disfellowshipped. When I brought this up, they stared with blanck expressions. Finally I exploded, and told the jerk of the PO "you have no idea how it is to be in my place". He physically jerked awya from me and with a disgusted expression he responded: "of course I do not have an idea of what it is to be in your place, I'd never want to be in your place". then he went on and on about how I needed to learn obedience and submission and to respect the theocratic order and to know my place. he told me that if I did not believe that the elders were the glorious ones ont he right palm of Jesus, I had to work on that, or there would be no hope for me. That it was obvious that I needed to work on my repentance and that in no way I was ready to be reinstated.

I left that meeting feeling properly chastized and told my parents that the elders were right (I genuinly believed that at that time). Then I started thinking about what happened and started getting mad. my father sat down with me and told me that it was my pride working there, that it was difficult for me to accept counsel from people I deemed intellectually inferior. Then he thought it over and got mad with the elders himself.

I am not an arrogant person. Yes, I am proud of my academical achievements, but have never looked down on people because of their different education (heck, my mom could not go to secondary school and is one of the smartest and wisest people I know). But looking back, I think that my education was an issue. for them.

Oh! and I was forgetting, the local needs talk about me. they did not say my name, of course. that night I went home crying. I told my mom, "I could have as well f***ed the guy (I was DF for "loose conduct) for the way I am being treated".

and I am not going to comment about most of the pettiness, the coments from MS about "cases" similar to mine, the meetings harrassing my parents about their "soft treatment" etc. geez, Iam getting worked up here.

It is unbelievable that somebody could be treated that way. I have told my story to people and I thought that I did not sound believable. like it was too much.but this is the neat truth of my experience. and having been reading from this forum for four years now, I realize there have been worse treatments yet.

Anyways, I'm out. and happy; they made a favour. hey ho!

cheers,

Rowan

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

After the KM school "new-light" in 2002, my wife's twin sister told her that she would no longer be able to talk to her until she re-instated.

We agreed to get her un-DF'd as a direct result (and ONLY because) of this threat.

Horendous experience listening to them describe every meeting why the Org was so "loving" and Jehovah's people so "happy" The amazing thing was that THEY felt miffed when I entered late and left early with my wife. The evil turd elder asked me why I was "shunning" contact with the brothers.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What a crock of shit. I was told....To come in as they were singing, not before. I was told to sit on the back row.

I was told to leave as soon as the final Amen.

I couldn't let my kids associate with the other children before or after the meeting, because I couldn't be there with them. Most weren't not allowed to be around my children anyway, because I was their mother.

I came in with everyone singing. Usually all seats in the back were taken...I had to walk up to row 1-3 and squeeze in with everyone burning holes in the back of my head.

20 minutes later.....I had squeeze back out to take my ADHD son to the back. Of course I couldn't leave my older child alone, so I had to drag her back with me. Now I looked straight to the back of the hall so as not to seen the faces of those staring at me again.

This was one of the most horrible and humilating experiences I ever experienced. Those people sucked.

It actually made it easier to just walk away for good. See...you can always put a postive spin on things if you try.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit