What bothers you more, snakes or spiders

by free2beme 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Heigths...

I took my 3 year old son to the zoo the other day, by the way. We came just in time for the snakes to be fed. We stood there just a meter away from the zoo-guy feeding 3 meter long python-snakes with dead hamsters and rats. My son loved it. I was almost worried there for a second, damn big snakes that was.

• kimoko
    kimoko

Snake snakes snakes!!

They're really scary just writin this post i am clutching my pillow omg how bad is that! i really really dont like them i shudder at the thought of one and when i hear the names or someone makes the sound...they are icky even pics i see i scream and when i see one move oooo!

I was in the cinema last week and the trailer for snakes on the plane came on i hid in my coat and still screamy coz i could hear em ewww it was aweful.

In my last year of high school we went to a theme park with a Zoo in and my bf at the time thought it would help me if i went into the reptile house to face my fear! Oh my was i scared i like ran to the door screamin and he like dragged me by the hand. I was like oooo theyre gonna get me and hes like they're sleeping and i replied no its not its pretendin hopin to fool me :)

Even my mum got me the other day when she took me into a bet shop

And and and to get me to get the internet at my home instead of usin my sisters she lied and said she was looking after someones snake for a while and then when i ordered the internet told me it was a lie T_T

Have no problem with spiders at all im the spider catcher of the house ^__^

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I don't like either but spiders bother me more. I run away from them. Just looking at them makes my skin crawl. Lilly

• Mulan
    Mulan

snakes!!! I can't even watch the promos for that movie about snakes on the plane.

I do hate spiders, but don't run from them anymore like I used to. Now I chase them down and crush them (with several layers of paper towels).

• blondie
    blondie

I don't mind either as long as they aren't poisonous. I just keep my distance.

What about bees?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmmm I have stories about both

When I was in 3rd grade I had a teacher who loved garter snakes. I remember her coming into the classroom with one larger one around her neck like a necklace and one around each wrist like bracelets. I loved it.

But I also had nightmares for years about snakes dozens of snakes all curled and slithering over each other yuck

Spiders on the other hand are... well I prefer them larger - I would love a pet tarantula - so nice and furry and cute

It's those scary spiders that drop out of nowhere that scare me. After I was married to the JW we lived in a basement apartment of his parents house. The area was fairly new so a lot of untouched property and the spiders would find their way inside - big black scary spiders. One night I was turning down the bedcovers and I saw this huge spiders go flying off the bed and across the room. I yelled and his parents ran to the top of the stairs and started yelling for my husband. His father was about to run down the stairs to stop him from beating me. He never laid a hand on me in all our fifteen years but for some reason his parents thought he would.

Oh yeah this is about spiders and snakes Wasn't there an old song abvout those?

"Spiders And Snakes"

(As recorded by Jim Stafford)
    JIM STAFFORD
    DAVID BELLAMY

I remember when Mary Lou said she wanted to walk me home from school
    Well I said yes I do
    She said I don't have to go right home
    And I would kinda like to be alone some if you would
    I said me too
    And so we took a stroll and wound up down by the swimming hole
    And she said do what you want to do
    Got silly and found a frog in the water by the hollow log
    And I shook it at her and I said this frog's for you, she said

I don't like spiders and snakes
    And that ain't what it takes to love me
    Like I wanna be loved by you

Well I took out that girl from time to time, I called her up when I got a dime
    I said hello baby, she said ain't you cool
    Said do you remember when, and would you like to get together again
    She said I'll see you after school
    I was so shy and so for awhile most of my love was touch and smile
    So she said come on over here, I was nervous I guess
    Still looking for something to slip down her dress
    And she said let's make it perfectly clear

(c) Copyright 1973 and 1974 by Kaiser Music Co., Inc. Gimp Music and Boo Music.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Oh, definately hate snakes. Especially talking ones, they are always trying to make my wife eat fruit she has been told not to eat.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have actually considered seeing that movie, snakes on a plane, but I want to see if it is worth it from listening to people at work who will see it before me. It is not that I have a problem with snakes, but more that it looks like a cheap B movie idea and I do not know if I want to spend eight dollars to see it.

• okie46
    okie46

SPIDERS... I am petrified of them, especially those little, black, furry jumping spiders. If you look at them, you can't figure out where their eyes are because they have all these bright, colored spots on them, and they are so aggressive, they will jump right at you.

Also WASPS... I can't stand the way their legs hang down when they fly around.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I don't really mind either except for one particular breed of snake: Water Moccacins. <shudders>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit