What bothers you more, snakes or spiders

by free2beme 39 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

It is pretty common among us humans to have an issue with one of the big two. We either have a discomfort with them, or just dislike them all together. Personally, I am not real against being around either, but if I had to choose which one I see in a more negative way, it would be spiders. I owned a snake for a long time, and have even helped capture a rattlesnake a couple time. Capturing a rattlesnake is a very easy thing to do, by the way, if you have the right stuff. Spiders bother me more, as one time when I was younger and my family was staying in a mountain cabin, some spiders were all over the place. We did not know how bad, until we went to sleep. I started hearing this drop drop drop drop sound on my blanket. I finally wondered what it was and turned on the lamp, to find about 20 quarter size spiders crawling all over my top blanket. I launched them off, and went out and slept in the car. It was creepy as hell though, and although I will easily smash them to this day or flush them down the toilet, without any hesitation. I am still not the biggest of a spider fan. I also got bit by a black widow once, while moving a wood pile with my friend and it made me sick for a week. The doctor said they can not kill an adult, but they sure do make you sick. Brown recluse are the ones I dislike the most, but fortunately they are not real prominent in the Northwest. So what bothers you the most, spiders or snakes?

• KW13
    KW13

When i was three or roughly around that age, my dad made me watch arachnophobia the film and it scared the hell outta me, i remember hiding under the duvet lol.

Since then, spiders have been my ultimate room 101 fear, and on top of that reptiles!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Brown recluse are the ones I dislike the most,

I have been bitten by a brown recluse...........was sick for a long time(months) and watched my skin rot away. It was horrible........when I fineally went to the hospitol.......6 docs came to look at it..........just cuz it was on my boob is not why either!!!!! scar left me looking like i had a two nippled breast......ok TMI.........it hurt like heck .

but I am more scared of a snakes than a spider. unless you would put crickets in with spiders........i cant stand crickets........you never know where they will jump.

purps

• Twitch
    Twitch

Spiders riding on the backs of snakes,......

;-)

• serendipity
    serendipity

Definitely dislike snakes more!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Snakes!

(A cricket in the house is good luck, purplesofa, or so my Nana used to say.)

But what I really loathe are mice, rats, and most other rodents, too. Do snakes eat mice?!???

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Spiders freak the living daylights out of me. I will not get within like 5 feet of them, someone else has to kill them for me... ask WhyamIhere, Buttlight and JH from camping this weekend... huge phobia!!!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Spiders
    I'm actually confused about how I got one of my biggest fears. I'm affraid of falling into 'strange' water. You know like murkey swamp stuff? I think it's cause when I was a kid I was allways affraid of loosing my glasses in the water.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I think Lawyers and Bankers are the worst!

Outaservice

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I've been bitten by both. The snake (Timber Rattler) hurt the worst and took the longest to heal. The spider (Brown Recluse) had more of a burning sensation. The day the spider bit me my whole body hurt. Never went to the Doc for either one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit