Recommend a GOOD film - no snakes, planes or spandex superheroes.

by nicolaou 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

OMG You all HAVE to see...Little Miss Sunshine.. It is so good! Well good does not describe it! It makes a contankerous middle aged man belly roll and the young ones laugh till they peed their pants. Hell I cried. I suggest yo go see when you are happy and when you are sad...Both ways you will see something new!!

100 STARS ahhh ahhh ahhh aaaaaaaahhh....

ok, I did not count, but it should be so much more!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Miller's Crossing

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I love a film with an ending that you didn't see coming.

One of the best movies that I have seen is:

The Usual Suspects starring Kevin Spacey

• lola28
    lola28

"Saw"- it's gory but you never see the ending coming.

Lola

• agapa37
    agapa37

I Am Sam

• gwyneth
    gwyneth
    The Usual Suspects starring Kevin Spacey

I was thinking of this one, too.

Also, The Others, with Nicole Kidman.

I enjoyed The Cooler, William H. Macy

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

THE PERFECT STRANGER with Pamela Brumley, Jefferson Moore (Kelly's Filmworks)

JOSHUA with Tony Goldwyn, F. Murray Abraham (Epiphany Films)

Both favorites of mine!

Outaservice

• jwcol
    jwcol

One of my favorites is "Primer".

It was shot for less than $7000 and is definitely a thinking persons movie. There is usually one copy on the shelf at Blockbuster.

It's about two guys that invent a time machine in their garage and the unknown implications with using it.....

You'll have to watch it at least 3 times to get what is happening, and then look up some forums online to piece it together.

• Gregor
    Gregor

You can't go wrong with "Little Miss Sunshine" Very funny.

In the video stores - one that comes to mind is "Rabbit Proof Fence". Wish I had waited to see it on video, I hate to have tears in my eyes in a theater when the lights go up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

At your local Video store:"A history of Violence".Lots of Twists...Nothing freaked me out,until."Hostel".That freaked and creeped me out.."Derailed"..Good mystry.."Kung-Fu Connection"..You`ll laugh your ass off..I still can`t find mine..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit