Elders son is GAY!!!

by Wordly Andre 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wordly Andre thank you for your replies I'm not sure if that changes anything for me.

I was not laughing at the guy, I was laughing at the Elder, BELIEVE me I am happy for his son, at least he is out and happy, I mean if he is posting on Classmates he must be out and enjoying life right.

One word; KARMA.

You must not have a clue what it's like ;to be alienated ;from their families
    please feel free to read all of my other posts and threads. I've known what its like since I was 15
    Point taken and I'm sorry for your mistreatment.
  • dh
    dh

Elders son is GAY!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

i love the way you chose to use capital letters hahahaha.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I am of the impression that Wordly Andre was laughing at the fact that the elder's son was gay from the standpoint that it was a disgrace to the elder from the elder's standpoint. I took it as a very positive post by WA because he was showing the irony of this self righteous homophobe's own son becoming what he hates despite all his holier than thou bullship.

So, honestly, a kneejerk reaction might cause one to think that WA was insensitive when a more measured evaluation proves him to be much more sympathetic than one would have considered.

He likes the gays as you can see.

Sometimes its amazing how the written word can spark such stark reactions.

Peace out.

W.Once

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I gave many an hour talk in many different congregations, had parts on circuit assy and district conventions.

I was in the closet the whole time but when I marched in the SF gay parade of all the people to be interviewed by kgo tv channel 7 it had to be me

Hambeak, you have such an interesting story. Im sorry, but it just struck me as really funny that you got interviewed on telly at a gay pride march! Of all the dang things to happen... Im sure it wasnt funny at the time. Its f00king sods law, but all the good little dubs who had listened to your talks at assemblies must have had their jaws dragging on the ground, righteously gobsmacked!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Wasanelder once,

I am of the impression that Wordly Andre was laughing at the fact that the elder's son was gay from the standpoint that it was a disgrace to the elder from the elder's standpoint. I took it as a very positive post by WA because he was showing the irony of this self righteous homophobe's own son becoming what he hates despite all his holier than thou bullship.

Thanks you totally get what I was saying

I am very sorry if I offended anyone, as this was not my intention.

I think in the future I will proof read any of my post, sometimes it can be hard to tell exactly what someone is trying to say.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Andre, I got it, actually, I was responding to something someone else said.

Sherry

• aniron
    aniron

As I've posted oh here before.

I knew two JW brothers who are "gay lovers". They served as pioneers from their teens, both now in their late 20's. One became a MS. It was only a couple of years ago that everyone found out about them and that was by accident. Both their parents where strict JW's, who thought their sons were the greatest. As they told me they are not the only ones either, there is probably at least one or two gays in congregations locally.

• Swan
    Swan
    I hope you will think about how hard it is on us too. We don't set out to come out "after" we have a spouse and kids. If the religion would get a clue about some simple biology we wouldn't have to try to pretend to be someone we are not, we would not have to risk losing our kids to suicide, who think it is better to die than come out of the closet. My 16 year old nephew did that about 5 years ago. We might end up just being able to lead normal lives from a much younger age.

Wouldn't that be something?

Yes, it would.

Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

I feel the same way as Worldly Andre.

I once encountered someone, a JW, that my own mother had thought very highly of for his remarkable knowledge of a certain field of expertise, and found out that he was gay. How wonderful that he was living his life! How laughable that my homophobic mother had no idea that she had been idolizing a gay man!

Every time I hear of some self righteous JW having a gay, bi, or trans child I laugh. I rejoice for the child who had the courage to come out. I laugh at the moronic attitudes of the JW parents who continue to follow, in all seriousness, bad Watchtower counsel such as to inculcate your children from infancy, use the rod of discipline, and teach your kids how masturbation which leads to homosexuality. This balderdash is fed to the parent and child constantly to keep them on the "straight" and narrow (narrow-minded) path to inevitable family oblivion.

Eventually the eruption occurs, and it's a doozy. The volatile confrontation needlessly tears the family apart, and the self righteous parents lose every time. But do they even realize it? No. They are convinced they did the right thing by shunning their child for the Watchtower's (posing as Jehovah's organization) sake. Blinded as they are, they don't realize that they are doing it to themselves, and that they could still have a happy family with a gay child if they just chucked those archaic, homophobic notions. But no, they are convinced that the child is to blame, that the child made the choice to "turn gay" and is doing this as some sort of rebellion. They don't understand how hard the child worked to conform to a straight life that was alien and unnatural to them.

Yes. I laugh at loud at the irony every time I hear of it. It is incredibly funny to me to hear of these failures of pious parents and Watchtower doctrine. My bittersweet rejoicing lies with the poor child who went through hell and is now able to finally live free of a family and religion that didn't really deserve or appreciate the specialness of the child in their midst.

Tammy

• scotsman
    scotsman

As the gay son of a PO and the gay brother of a PO I don't necessarily agree that it's a cause to laugh at my father and brother. It's incredibly sad that they are trapped by their beliefs and, against their natural inclination, reject me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit