Elders son is GAY!!!

by Wordly Andre 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Swan
    Swan

I don't mean to offend you Scotsman. I agree with you that it is very tragic. But I also agree with Worldly Andre that there is a great deal of humor in the situation. As tragic as it is, it is also very funny to many people. You have to admit it is very ironic, and I believe that irony can make it a very humorous situation.

I also hope that some day all of those family members who continue to shun their gay children will get a clue and realize life is too short to carry on this way.

Tammy

• scotsman
    scotsman

Is a PO having a gay son any more ironic than having an apostate son?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Kind of like a Klans men's Son married to a black chick

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not to be a joy kill to something that is giving you a good chuckle, but that poor boy has probably had to go through hell with his upbringing and families ultra religious views. He probably lost his entire family with that one admission and I would bet that he has not found much time to laugh.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Jonno

It must be different with different families.

You got that right.

It goes from OK we still love you to ( I wish I could kill you.)

Outoftheorg

• Swan
    Swan
    It must be different with different families.

You got that right.

It goes from OK we still love you to ( I wish I could kill you.)

Yes, in some families it sure does.

Tammy

• mama1119
    mama1119

We had this REALLY JW family, daughter a pioneer , married to a elders son who was a MS, the other son was a regular pioneer and sometimes bethelite, other son gave little talks at age 10, all that good stuff. Then, out of NOWHERE, the sometimes bethelite/pioneer came out, got df, left and neer saw him again. And the parents acted like they lost him to death, Then, a few years later the younger boy got a girl pregnant and left. I think the daughter is still miss perfect.

• Swan
    Swan
    And the parents acted like they lost him to death,

Perhaps they wish he was dead.

I think that many JWs wish that their gay family members were dead. They hope they will contract AIDS and die a slow lingering death for having left the "Truth" and not following the Watchtower's rules. They believe that AIDS is Jehovah's punishment of gay people. They think that all people who "turn gay" will become depraved, diseased souls enslaved to their lusts like a drug addict to heroin.

I also think that it may be convenient for many families to have to shun the GLBT family member. Then they can treat the person like they were dead and never have to face their extreme homophobia and prejudice. These pious hypocrites can write them off and justifiable shirk their responsibility in the matter. If they abused the family member as a child, so much the better that this person is out of their life where they never have to face up to their complicity in the whole sordid mess. Yeah, real convenient that shunning, isn't it?

Tammy

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I got a good ironic chuckle from a similar story. When I came out my parents had the elders over a few times to talk to me. It was torture. They would sit around and say nasty things about gays to try to convince me it isn't what I want. They would ask me a question and I would sit silent and count in my head how long I could keep them waiting for an answer.

Anyway, my mom told me a couple of months ago that one of the more aggressive elder's son has left the "truth" and is gay. Well it wasn't too much of a surprise. Not even to my JW mom. I knew this guy was gay before I came out to myself. HAHA!! But, I guess he finally decided to leave and live his life. I did get a sort of karmatic satisfaction. Kind of like a similar story I had about the mother of a girl I went to school with.

On a side point, she told me how the elder, who has been over weight and eats unhealthy for sometime, has had a few heart attacks and is waiting for bypass surgery. I decided to put on my devil horns, poke the fire a little and said to my mom, "Wouldn't it be considered an insult to god to not do things to protect your health? I mean, if you know your heart is in trouble for sometime wouldn't you change your lifestyle? God gave you a body and then you just throw it away." She actually agreed.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Bstndance,

Sounds like your parents still talk to you, do they? My cousin when she came out her parents totally shunned her and said that she was dead to them, not only that but they called everyone in the family to tell them not to talk to her ever again, which I thought was suppose to be a conscience matter? Conscience matter is another way to say: DO what we want you to do, with-out knowing you are doing what we want you to do! Anyway, life is too short, love your kids no matter who they are.

I bet the worldly mother of a convicted serial murderer loves her son more than a JW loves her Good, honest, caring gay son.

sad what this cult makes people do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit