Elders son is GAY!!!

by Wordly Andre 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Sadly, they both waited until they had a wife and three kids before deciding to come out.

You know I was one of those that tried to be straight. Many people here know my story already. A lot of us wanted nothing more than to be "normal" and not an abomination. Self hatred is rampant, and suicide. I hid it deep in my sub conscious, never admitting to myself there was a possiblity even with so many things that should have led me to that immediate conclusion.

But we were told if you prayed hard enough, if you filled your life with spiritual things, if you found the right man or woman, if you were patient, and lived their way, eventually in the new system god would cure you to be normal and all those "feelings" would go away.

Trouble is, that is a false scenario. For one thing, it doesn't work, and for another there is no cure. So I tried it for 15 years, with one son. That marriage finally broke up because of other reasons (namely I grew a bit tired of the abuse and the elders and my families admonition that I must be the cause of it, being the weaker vessel). But that did not deter me. I tried it again, because I was sure that if I just tried harder it would work. Well I never did get cured. But I did finally come to my senses that I was living a delusion.

So now I am a very happy (for the most part) gay woman. I am not ashamed of who I am. And by the way, I have a great relationship with my son. He tells me all the time he loves me. He is also unabashadly heterosexual, it must have been something I did in his early childhood to make him turn out that way!

I hope you will think about how hard it is on us too. We don't set out to come out "after" we have a spouse and kids. If the religion would get a clue about some simple biology we wouldn't have to try to pretend to be someone we are not, we would not have to risk losing our kids to suicide, who think it is better to die than come out of the closet. My 16 year old nephew did that about 5 years ago. We might end up just being able to lead normal lives from a much younger age.

Wouldn't that be something?

Sherry

• snarf
    snarf

My ex husband whose grandfather is a Governing Body member and whose dad is an Elder cheated on me with at least one guy that I have proof of.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

I would think that this would end for good the issue of whether people who are gay *choose* to be gay. Why anyone could believe that so many people would just up and decide to prefer a lifestyle that alienated them from their families and society is beyond me. I believe that it takes an enormous amount of courage to come out and I admire the people who do.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Thanks, this put a smile on my face.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

W A I totally don't get your attitude!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    I don't have anything against gays or lesbians at all some of my friends are gay, but this is too funny, that Elder was such a high and mighty jerk, and now looks like both of his sons have left the Truth I am happy for them, but boy wish I could have been a fly on the wall when he came out to his dad.

If you don't have anything against gays or lesbians why post this at all, it would be a moot subject with you. Least of all not funny.

You must not have a clue what it's like to be alienated from their families and considered by some to be an outcast on society. Shame really a shame.

People are people and no one would choose to be born of the wrong gender then go through a living hell to keep it quiet and made to live other than what they really are.

Try having some compassion and a lot of common courtesy would go a long way too as you have insulted many with this post.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Bikerchic, and everyone else,

I was not laughing at the guy, I was laughing at the Elder, BELIEVE me I am happy for his son, at least he is out and happy, I mean if he is posting on Classmates he must be out and enjoying life right.

For those of you who don't know me, I HAVE seen and been there for my cousin whos Elder dad and crazy mom shunned her because she came out of the closet with her life partner, for a few years only myself and another cousin were the only family support for them. I am not going try to prove to anyone else that I dont have compassion for my 15 gay and lesbian friends, but I will say sorry if this post seemed like I was making fun of the poor guy but simply laughing at his dad, His dad ruined my dads life,

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre
    You must not have a clue what it's like to be alienated from their families

please feel free to read all of my other posts and threads. I've known what its like since I was 15

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I would think that this would end for good the issue of whether people who are gay *choose* to be gay. Why anyone could believe that so many people would just up and decide to prefer a lifestyle that alienated them from their families and society is beyond me. I believe that it takes an enormous amount of courage to come out and I admire the people who do.

My old drama teacher is gay. He was talking about his sexual orientation because we were doing a play called "The Laramie Project" about the killing of Matthew Sheppard. There was something he said that really stuck out in my mind: "Oh sure, growing up I wanted a wife and kids and a white picket fence. I wanted what every American wants. But I really couldn't have that, and I couldn't deny who I am. So to all those who say 'it's a lifestyle choice?' I didn't choose to be persecuted. It just happened." And when he said that, it really made me think. In discussing homosexuality with dubs, you might hear (or at least I did), "Well, true some people are going to have these homosexual tendencies. But they need to learn to deal with them." I believed it up until I heard my drama teacher explain his homosexuality. And every case I hear like that, that they really had no choice in the matter, makes me wonder what's really going on. If homosexuality were a total choice, then that's one thing. But to have no choice in the matter....well....what are you going to do?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I remember a convo out in service about a pioneer/MS family that had a gay son. When she found out she wouldn't come out of her bedroom for weeks. Then everyone started talking about what they would do if their kid was gay and the whole thing was very distasteful.

• jonno_oxford
    jonno_oxford

Hi,

Well i'm the gay son of a PO, and i have to say i must have been lucky. My parents and family still talk to me.

We don't actually talk about the subject, as i think it makes them uncomfortable. But as they say to me, i'm still their son and they love me and want me to be happy in whatever i do!

Just me experience i guess. Its diffrent for diffrent families.

Jonno

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit