The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

For the benefit of saki2fifty and other lurkers, "universal" means nothing shy of all. "Sovereignty" is rulership. Universal sovereignty minus sovereignty over one planet is not universal sovereignty. "Eternal" means unending. "Eternal universal sovereign" means universal rulership that is unending and unliimited.

Using the phrase "eternal universal sovereign" or any variant to describe a reign that is then described as not universal for 2,520 years is oxymoronic.

thirdwitness' incapacity with logical argumentation is learned behavior. He acquired it through years of study, field service, talks on the Theocratic Ministry School and/or Assembly and DIstrict Convention programs. The Watchtower Society trained him to be a good little sophist, and they have done a masterful job.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• fjtoth
  • stevenyc
    stevenyc

AuldSoul said: The Watchtower Society trained him to be a good little sophist, and they have done a masterful job.

For anyone needing a good explaination of what AuldSoul is trying to explain here I would recommend searching for the term "Chewbacca Defense "

fjtoth, you crack me up!

steve

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have also thoroughly enjoyed every one of the cartoons that FJToth has offered here! The last one (his post #600) certainly could have been me at one time......all the picayune nonsense and "vital" teachings right into all that "typical and antitypical prohecies".....that total horse manure we were fed and had to accept as "food from God".

The WTS not only trains its "believers" well.....it also has successfully taken what IS important, right out from under the JWs feet with all their focus on the obscurities that are "the Watchtower Society".

The WTS likes to claim they are so smart when it comes to "bible understanding" but fail to put Jesus teachings of love, forgiveness and Christian charity FIRST in their lives and in their hearts. The "Two Laws" that Jesus SAID were THE most important----are shoveled under piles and piles of inconsequential claptrap which FJToth's drawing pointed out.

Why does the WTS spend so much time and effort in printing this stuff and making its followers "study" this minutae week after week? .....These things that actually detract from understanding and being obedient to their (professed) Savior and King and what HE instructed?

I'll let YOU figure that out.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just dropping by - So has the question been answered yet?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Ozzie asked;
    "So has the question been answered yet?"

And which question would this BE? ThirdWit has MANY questions posed to him that have yet to be answered! Frank Toth had a very important question that we ALL would like to see responded to in his post;

"When Jesus was asked by the apostles "“Lord, are you restoring the kingdom . . . at this time?,” this was his answer: "He said to them: 'It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction." (Acts 1:6, 7, New World Translation)

If it didn't "belong" to the apostles 'to know when Jesus would begin to rule as king in God's Kingdom,' why does it "belong" to the Watchtower Society?

The apostles had the holy spirit, sufficient to record parts of the Bible, and they had the prophecies of Jeremiah, Daniel and others. Still, they couldn't figure out when the Kingdom would begin. How come JWs think they can see in those prophecies what even the apostles could not see?"

How about it ThirdWitness? What say you?

(In plain English, please.....clear and understandable as the WTS instructs)

• fjtoth
  • learntoswim
    learntoswim
    Mmmm, so let me get this straight: First, the disobedient angels rebelled in the days of Noah. They went down to the earth to have hot, steaming demon-sex with the women on earth. What happened after that? Were they let back into heaven (such as they would have to be, for the WTS-theory about 1914 to be correct), or were they incarcarated in Tartarus? According to the Bible, the latter is correct. During his three days of death, Jesus went to visit them in the underworld, according to the Bible. Obviously, the disobedient angels were not let back into heaven (still, the WTS insists that they were). Jesus was tempted on earth by Satan, being offered the kingdoms of the whole world, if he would bow down and worship him. Jesus refused. Was Satan still in heaven? Clearly not. He had allready been condemned after the uprising against God in the days of Noah, and kicked out. The war in heaven happens long, long before Jesus comes to earth! This is clear in the Bible. But still, what does the WTS say? They say that Satan was allowed to hang around in heaven, even after the rebellion in the days of Noah, even after he tempted Jesus in the desert, etc. Not only is this completely inlogical, but there is also absolutely nothing in the Bible that indicates that Satan was allowed to do this. Quite the opposite. The disobedient angels are in Tartarus (hell), not in heaven, and this is where Jesus goes to visit them. Not in heaven.

What about in Job 1 v6 and chapter 2 v1 where Satan is clearly shown to be at least momentarily, in heaven, before God and all the angels. This would seem to contradict what you said, and also the WT stance that Satan was locked out of heaven as it were.

Also, isn't "tartarus" a verb, which Peter borrowed from a poet of the day? Its not meant to describe an actual place, rather a state of being. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

• fjtoth
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu

fjtoth,

I love your cartoons

third,

I'd apreciate an answer to my questions. (from my other post)

That Jesus he really can keep a secret.

Imagine Him knowing He wasn't going to made

king till 1914 and not leaking that information, got to hand it to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit