Friday 7th July 2006 - My day at the JW conference...*shudders*

by kimoko 20 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Wow Megan, you were certainly paying attention!

I skimmed your notes, I couldn't stomach reading them in detail either, that would bring back too many bad memories. One thing though, they were certainly a lot more detailed than any I ever took, and I went to a lot of conventions.

• KW13
    KW13

thanks crumpet

she is good at her notes e.t.c - i tended to end up with pictures/drawings e.t.c lol

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks for the great notes. I felt like I was right there at the convention! No wonder I am now sick to my stomache. Like someone else said, it brings you back to your convention inprisonment. I felt trapped reading it at my computer and had to remind myself I was not at the convention but was in my nice comforting home. I used to HATE them. My hubby and I would always argue right before because I would start having panic attacks the week before and did not feel better until after them. Did this happen to anyone else? Lilly

• KW13
    KW13
    Did this happen to anyone else? Lilly

always got an uneasy feeling, like i wasn't sure what to expect, a tense feeling and an air of suspense and when ya get there you see how damn boring it is.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

While it is appreciated that someone took notes... I am also sorry that you had to sit there wasting your time.

Jean: Jean had a inactive sister named Eleanor who was suffering with personal problems. Jean learnt that people need loving assistance. So she began to Visit Eleanor regularly and they went over the Watchtower together every week. Eleanor had 3 children and was pregnant; Jean was able to help with spiritual and physical needs. When she returned to the Kingdom hall she was welcomed warmly with help to gain her confidence.

I know someone else has commented on this already, but this is one story that really pi**es me off a bit.

If you notice... 'Jean' is the sister to Eleanor. She visits her sister - which is a family thing to do - and very good. However... Eleanor has 'physical' needs - which could translate to needing money to make bills or pay rent - or buy food for her 3 children!!!

Didja notice something? No one else even noticed Eleanor until she shows up at the KH, and she is 'warmly welcomed' there. No one ever visited her - to see how she was doing, did she need anything, etc.

*shakes head*

Sad, but typical for that group.

Regards,

Jim TX

• elatwra
    elatwra

"Squid is a sperm whales favorite food and a squid cab be up too 200 feet long. They can launch 100 feet in the air. Sea swarms with Jehovah’s powerful creation and scientists have admitted that 95% of the seas species in the sea are unknown.
    Sea of people is Jehovah bringing of wealth."

huh?How do they come up with those weird nonsensical connections?

That Jean and Elinor example really takes the cake!!!

Thanks for sharing Kimoko.

• kimoko
    kimoko
    Wow Megan, you were certainly paying attention!

I skimmed your notes, I couldn't stomach reading them in detail either, that would bring back too many bad memories. One thing though, they were certainly a lot more detailed than any I ever took, and I went to a lot of conventions.

I think it was because rather then taking in and acceptin the words said i was just lettin it go on my page and not in my head if you get what i mean i think it was my shield actually the fact that instead of listening to the talks i just concentrated on writing lots n lots of notes.

Thanks for the great notes. I felt like I was right there at the convention! No wonder I am now sick to my stomache. Like someone else said, it brings you back to your convention inprisonment. I felt trapped reading it at my computer and had to remind myself I was not at the convention but was in my nice comforting home. I used to HATE them. My hubby and I would always argue right before because I would start having panic attacks the week before and did not feel better until after them. Did this happen to anyone else? Lilly

Im not suprised that you were like that i can only imagine how hard it must be to get memories. Its sad that you had panic attacks it just shows how horrible it really is :(

And yea Jim it did suck that story and the woman Jean seemed dead pleased with herself and such. And LoL!! the Ocean one was the funniest one out of them all!!! IT was hysterical. It was like the speaker was doin a role play he was like "Come dive with me lets get our snorkles on and lets swim yes. Right we are on the boat now lets plummet into the sea. Oh yes thats a little shocking isnt it, ooo isnt it cold but we can ajust now lets swim, a little deeper! AND LOOK BEHIND YOU A GIANT WHALE" And then you get some Jehovah Tards actually jumpin and looking behind them....i was like hahaha coz i was sat rather high and could see them all and they were all looking behind and gasping and stuff!! The speaker was gettin well into it, it was just really really funny!! and completely non-related connections :)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"I didn’t realize how much a new hair cut and skirt can make you fit in nicely until I tried to enter the doors and a arm came in front of me and the man said "where is your badge sister" I froze on the spot not knowing what to say. Sister? "

I didn't get past this sentence before I started to grit my teeth. I'll have to read the rest of the post when I'm in a better mood.

WHAT about all those "worldly people" that showed up to this "open to the public" event after receiving one of those millions of invitations that were thrust upon them? Did THEY all have the appropriate Watchtower-approved badges?

Were ALL conventions run this way (what's with the yellow highlighting????)

I haven't been "out" but five years now, is THIS what they are doing now? What ARE they afraid of!

hugs,

Annie

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

At first I thought thought "WTF?" after reading your post, but you seem to have nailed the absurdity. All you need are the remarks by the Dubs in their congos the following week congratulating themselves over "the best assembly ever!"

I loved going to the Circuit assemblies because we had them at a marina.

All the thousands of Dubs would eat outside in the parking lot, the little Dubs would feed the sea-gulls and invariably a few dozen be-suited Dubs would have to run for the john covered in bird crap. I always parked my RV so I could get the best view.

Fun Times

• kimoko
    kimoko

Lol Sunspot i actually got stopped around 6 times by different lil watch tower people even when i was just walking they would stop me and ask for my badge. I found it rather humourous i kept goin dont worry im not a criminal or anything just a spy...they looked at me strange and the person i was with explained that i was doing some "research" and as soon as they heard that they were all shaking my hand dead interested being really nice as if i was gonna rate them and send it off to bethel. Some even asked to have a copy of what i had written after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit