Big Announcement - From JW Elder

by Qcmbr 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

If you read my other post you'll get the context but since this will be of great potential interest here it is:

The JWs are soon(next few months) going to make a public proclamation against all other churches which he was confident would 'shake things up' and would make a few JWs unhappy???. Is this the big announcement for September?

• KW13
    KW13

this would be a stupid move in my opinion, it would only encourage more churches/individuals to respond publically against the Society and show them up for what they are, and shake more people loose.

• dvw
    dvw

GOSH! I hope it has to do with those evil churches joining the UN.

• kid-A
    kid-A

They have been making that proclamation since the days of Rutherford.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A big announcement against other Church`s???..No one will care what the JW`s have to say..Once again,the Jehovah`s Witness`s will look like a bunch of retards to the rest of the world,thanks to the WBTS..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

What can they say that they haven't already?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Most of the WTS's growth happened while they were very publicly doing and saying things that were controversial. They would raise hell and provoke the local populations into forming a mob and then cry into the cameras about how horrible the persecution is... despite the fact they overtly and actively provoked it.

Perhaps the WTS is going back to its old ways. There are plenty of people out there with a persecution complex just looking for a cause. This is the same thing that attracts people to Islamic extremism.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps it is an 8th great resolution such as the last, the 7th, given a mere 79 years ago, as wit;

While all seven annual messages sounded by Jehovah’s witnesses from 1922 to 1928 concluded with such appeals, it was particularly the Resolution of 1927, passed at their international assembly in Toronto, Canada, that highlighted this feature of the ministry of Jehovah’s remnant, pictured by Moses’ brother Aaron. (Ex. 9:27) Note how pertinent its language is. Among other things, the Resolution stated: "There is no reason to give further support to that . . . system. In this hour of perplexity Jehovah God bids the peoples to abandon and forsake forever ‘Christendom’ or ‘organized Christianity’ and to turn completely away from it, because it is the Devil’s organization, and to give it no support whatever; and that the peoples give their heart’s devotion and allegiance wholly to Jehovah God and to his King and Kingdom and receive full freedom and the blessings God has in store for them." Over 3,900,000 copies of this Resolution in booklet form were distributed in many languages. Watchtower 1965 page 394

I fear it was the distubution of such a message that gladdened the heart of the grand president of the Society at that time. Perhaps such momentous things can once again perk up the eyes of the nations to 'Jehovah's messenger'

Jeff [of the I might have to puke at my own satire class]

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

He is probably referring to the already posted letter to be read in September introducing the Kingdom News tract campaign. It is about False Religions End being near. Nothing big or unusual IMHO.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wonder if there will be any other actions-talks,magazine tie ins, old fashioned advertising such as Russell and Rutherford were so fond of, picketing churches etc. to go along with the tract?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit