Big Announcement - From JW Elder

by Qcmbr 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    In the 100+ years of their existence how many people really know what they teach? With all their hours of preaching and millions of publications.

What does anyone know about them?

True. When we left the org I spoke or emailed with a couple of local ministers. [You know the ones that the organization has been attacking as part of the evil empire of BTG since the 1920's] These guys barely knew anything of Jw's. They were not even aware that witnesses hated them and considered them evil. How much less the average non-minister must even note.

Guys... this is GOOD NEWS! Then more ppl will Google for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Good point, Shazard. I know that if I was contacted as a person unaware of this obscure religion, that is the first thing I would do. In fact, I think that is happening all the time, and is a direct influence in the stagnant growth of the organization now. I say let em do their best - the more they preach and become visible, the more the public will do as you say. And anyone who googles Jw's and looks them over will never join.

Jeff

• KW13
    KW13

this org runs in circles, every 100 years as a witness will be identical as the last 100 years...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    The JWs are soon(next few months) going to make a public proclamation against all other churches

I doubt they would print those words for the public to read. "False Religion" yes but not "all other churches"

I would imagine anything they publish in a “special” tract or magazine article would simply be what they have done as usual. Tell folks to examine their beliefs, the church they attend, find things wrong with it, point out the red flags of spotting a false religion and offer help by suggesting a bible study with one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Same ol’ same ol’

• Satanus
    Satanus

They have only been doing this same proclamation ever since rutherford siezed control. The only shaking up that will happen is is within the ranks of mind numbed dubs. The world won't notice. The wt org will not be noticed more than it has been. If a bunch of dubs killed themselves, ala the heaven's gate bunch, then the world would notice. (Not that i am suggesting that they should do that.)

S

• Honesty
    Honesty

Maybe the Governing Body is going to explain to inquiring minds just exactly when the following prophecy was fulfilled:

"The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah"—How?

Chapter 12 page 216 paragraph 9

"Until He Comes Who Has the Legal Right" ***

Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If a bunch of dubs killed themselves, ala the heaven's gate bunch, then the world would notice.

Yeah, there would be less litter in the laundromats, donut sales would drop, and more windows would be dirty.

W

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" is just another Kingdom News tract campaign, I am going to be very disappointed. Perhaps that is the shake-up and news that will anger some JWs like the Elder was quoted at the beginning of this thread is talking about. I know if I was still going, I would be upset if I had to go around leaving a tract that said something about JoeHoeVah's Day is near or False Religion's destrction is near. My reason for being upset would be knowing what a doofus I would look like handing the thing out to people.

Bottom line, few will notice, nobody will care. Let them run around like Chicken Little telling us about the sky falling in errrr, JoeHoeVah's day coming.

If a bunch of dubs killed themselves, ala the heaven's gate bunch, then the world would notice. (Not that i am suggesting that they should do that.)

The world may notice, but it wouldn't help their cause. That would have the opposite effect.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

It is time to tighten the noose...................... you'll see!

• Bryan
    Bryan

This is no different from any other publishing company, actually. The book Da Vinci Code is a big hit so books come out: Breaking the DaVinci Code, Truth Behind DaVinci Code, and on and on.

Now the Watchtower sees the fear in people concerning Isreal/Hezbolla war. It's in the news daily, so they are going to capitalized on this by increesing the fear in the r&f with a new publication. It sells/brings in more contributions, and gets everyone back out in the field, inwhich, they will need to by more mags from the Tower. Follow the money.

Bryan

• Rooster
    Rooster

48 "But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

The WTBTS is that evil slave!!! As they beat other Christians!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit