ARREST IN JONBENET RAMSEY CASE!

by BizzyBee 77 Replies latest social current

• bem
    bem

Very good thought FHN there really are no safe places and we can get too comfortabel and be surprised to find out there are not places of safety.

Another thought and then I'll get off the soap box. I sincerely hope no one thinks that because a child or an adult or the parent or spouse of an adult Thinks for one minute that the victim did anything to ask to be victimized, And please never make the mistake if it ever happens to your daughter or son or wife or husband that you act like they asked for it in any way. Rape, molesting, and sexual agression are crimes.The perpetrator is the criminal in the case not the child. I ain't never seen a 18 month old baby look so sexy enough in his or her pamper/diaper or nappy as to be asking for the assault, rape, vicitimization, put the crime solely on the shoulders of the perp.

Here's some statistics.

These first statistics are from MASA men against sexual assault

http://sa.rochester.edu/masa/stats.php

1 in 3 sexual assault victims are under the age of 12 (Snyder & Sickmund, 1999) and convicted rape and sexual assault offenders report that 2/3 of their victims were under the age of 18. Among victims age 18 - 29, two thirds had a prior relationship with the rapist. (National Crime Victimization Survey, Criminal Victimization, 1996)

Overall, rape has the highest annual victim cost of any crime. The annual victim costs are $127 billion (excluding child sex abuse cases). This is followed by assault at $93 billion per year, murder (excluding arson and drunk driving) at $61 billion and child abuse at $56 billion per year. (Miller, 1996)

http://www.icasa.org/statsFactsdetails.asp?ID=104 General statistics on sexual assault

Rape Reported to police
    Nationally
    Data from the FBI Uniform Crime Reports:
    1998: 93,144
    1999: 89,107
    2000: 90,178
    2001: 90,491
    2002: 95,136
    2003: 93,885
    2004: 94,635

In Illinois
    Data from the Illinois State Police Uniform Crime Reports:
    1998: 6,156
    1999: 6,286
    2000: 5,688
    2001: 5,619
    2002: 6,037
    2003: 5,853
    2004: 5,813
    (It is estimated that only 3 in 10 rapes are reported)

Reality (National Violence Against Women Survey)
    1998:
    876,100 rapes against women, 111,300 rapes against men.

Other Information
    32% of victims are between the age of 12-17.
    70-80% of all sexual assaults are committed by an acquaintance

CHILD SEXUAL A SSAULT
    STATISTICS

It is estimated that as many as 40 million Americans, one in six people, experienced sexual victimization as children.

1 in 4 girls and 1 in 7 boys will be sexually victimized before age 18.

The most common ages of children when sexual abuse occurs are between 8 and 12.

Child sexual abuse is seldom a one-time occurrence, and lasts and average of 1 to 4 years.

75% to 80% of all children assaulted or abused were victimized by someone they knew.

One of five rape victims is under age 12; 10% of all are under age 5.

Over 80% of offenders first offended by the age of 30 years.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Rabbit:

I realize your post was only your opinion and you have a right to it. My post disagreeing with your opinion was just that, my opinion, and I also have a right to express it respectfully, which I think I did.

I actually agree with your additional point, that media coverage of crimes against pretty, white, upper-middle class children is given priority over the many hundreds of children, from minority or poor families. (Not to suggest that those two are synomous.) I believe there is ample evidence to support this claim.

OK, I'm off now to express indignation at the posters who implied, no, came right out and said, that parents who paint and dress up their little children and parade them in beauty pageants are practically advertising to pedophiles. Wow, where do I start with this one? First of all, let me state, I am no fan of child beauty pageants (nor adult ones for that matter). I believe society puts way too much emphasis on physical beauty and we certainly don't need to encourage our children in this mindset.

However, I don't care if you dressed every child on the face of the earth in sackcloth and ashes, I don't believe it would deter one pedophile. This is an evil, predatory perversion, that is totally about the sadistic gratification of the perpetrator and has nothing to do with the victim or their parents or what they were wearing. The only mistake that parents or children make is being in the wrong place at the wrong time and not having the gift of seeing the future and preventing it. This is the same mentality that suggest women who dress sexy are asking to be raped. It is nothing more than an attempt to deflect blame from the responsible abuser onto the victim. After all, if the victims brought it on themselves somehow, then the rest of us can rest a little easier knowing that we won't make the same mistakes they did right? Wrong.

Unless, you have some sort of empirical studying proving that children who participate in beauty pageants are molested more often than children who do not, then you don't have anything to support this bias. That's my opinion.

Cog

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just thought that this one was worth a trip back to the top.

I still have some problems with the ultimate resolution part of this whole thing - i.e., "not totally believeing yet what i am hearing???".

Maybe we should watch what happens over the next few days.

James

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    'Scuse me.......where are you getting this? I think these numbers a vastly overinflated................

You misunderstand my point. Just because a child being sexually assaulted doesn't make the national news, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just because you personally don't hear about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And those children whose rapes and murders are not on the news are just as important as Jon Benet.

Thanks for the stats Dororthy.

• kid-A
    kid-A

6 pretty gaping inconsistencies are now being reported by MSNBC:

1) He claims to have picked her up "after school" , driven her to the house and killed her accidentally. In reality, she was murdered Dec. 25, during school holidays.

2) He claims to have drugged her, yet no drugs were in her system according to toxicology.

3) He claims to have killed her "accidentally" yet in reality, her murder seemed exceptionally deliberate (blunt force trauma followed by garrot strangulation)

4) He claims to have had sex with her, yet no evidence of semen was found.

5) His ex-wife claims he was in Alabama during the entire period of the murder in Colorado.

6) The ransom note specifically asks for $ 118,000 in cash, the exact amount of John Ramseys recent work bonus. Only a close associate of Ramsey or a co-worker would have known this, this guy was neither according to Ramsey.

• bem
    bem

Big Tex yw I have a lot more where those come from sadly to say, I'd love nothing more than to be able to say it's all over! there have been 0% of cases.

cognizant dissident said:

I don't care if you dressed every child on the face of the earth in sackcloth and ashes, I don't believe it would deter one pedophile This is an evil, predatory perversion, that is totally about the sadistic gratification of the perpetrator and has nothing to do with the victim or their parents or what they were wearing The only mistake that parents or children make is being in the wrong place at the wrong time and not having the gift of seeing the future and preventing it This is the same mentality that suggest women who dress sexy are asking to be raped It is nothing more than an attempt to deflect blame from the responsible abuser onto the victim After all, if the victims brought it on themselves somehow, then the rest of us can rest a little easier knowing that we won't make the same mistakes they did right?
    Absolutely Do not blame the victim, the responsibilty is on the person that commits the crimes.
  • james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe I am going to pile on way too much here because I am just a little pissed off on the subject.

First of all - I simply do not understand what kind of sickness can be the root cause of this kind of crime.

I am also horrified that we of the ex-JW have to live with the possible fact that our former religion may have an outrageous number of these sicko pedophiles and that the JW ELDER heirarchy may very well be harboring them within their midst.

As if we EX-JW did not already have ENOUGH CRApP to be deeply embarrassed about!!!

I had no idea when I quit in 1981, just learned about this stuff later, and may I add from mostly this website.

I wish it were not true. But, I have a bad feeling that it is...IF SO, THEN BRING ON SOME RETRIBUTION SOON -

James

• bem
    bem
    Maybe I am going to pile on way too much here because I am just a little pissed off on the subject.

First of all - I simply do not understand what kind of sickness can be the root cause of this kind of crime.

Good for you for being angry over these crimes everyone should get good and pissed off and decide to put an end to these crimes. It is a mental issue.... Most people who are pedophiles were victims them selves, And majority of perpetrators re-offend several times in fact they will have numerous victims so if a person has been victimized by someone chances are very good that person has violated someone else.

How does it continue???? that is the $64.00 question...... Sex crimes are carried out because of secrecy, keeping it quiet, a child is told do not tell.... and that child will not tell..... if the child does get brave enough to tell and are treated like they are lieing or making up stories for attention then they more than likely will not tell again.... Pedophiles are predators just like the animal in the wild that hunts after dark they need secrecy and to keep it hidden. The Jw's are harboring pedophiles by not reporting the crimes to authorities, By shaming the victims forcing them to be quiet.Or out and out cover ups....goes on the non-jw world also.

I know there are false accusations against people for sex crimes for vengence, attention, to get someone in trouble to deflect attention from themselves, coached by a parent against a person etc. But those are rarely the ones that are prosectued. More times than not when a child says it happened then it happened.

Cases like this little girl losing her life just brings it glaringly to the public eye.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    no different than the tens of thousands of children raped and murdered every year.
    'Scuse me.......where are you getting this? I think these numbers a vastly overinflated................

Poster is correct, but perhaps for the wrong reasons. There is a word outside the borders of the US, and parts of it are not pretty

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Poster is correct, but perhaps for the wrong reasons

How so?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but are you saying that bem's figures are overinflated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit