ARREST IN JONBENET RAMSEY CASE!

by BizzyBee 77 Replies latest social current

• JeffT
    JeffT

Frannie:

What you just quoted are the opinions of some cops and lawyers, and will remain so until determined otherwise by a court of law. I don't have a lot of interest in, or opinion about this case. I certainly have not been manuplated by the media, unless you consider the copy of the Constitution that I keep handy "media."

The man presently sitting in jail accused of this crime has a right to be represented by counsel, present evidence in his defense, and have his case decided by a jury of his peers. Until all of that happens, he is presumed to be not guilty. There are now reports that he has confessed and/or made statements that indicate knowledge only the killer could have. Until those statements are accepted by a court, they are just more reports in the media you claim to dispise.

Sorry if I'm on my high horse tonight, I've seen enough rush to judgement to last me a life time. I do in fact hope they have the killer, I'd just like to make sure we have the right guy, and given the way the case has been handled, that may be tough to prove, unless he has indeed, confessed.

• bem
    bem

Having been a child advocate for a long time, I have followed this case with deep interest. The parents were not "proven" guilty they were made to look guilty by police. Police that admitted they had not followed protocal and may of made it impossible to ever find the person who committed this crime. and rabid media and press compounded and jumped on the story hungry for the next hot story, never mind if everything they report was true or not!

DNA evidence may very well be the proof they need. And what better way for a person to avoid detection than to stay out of the U.S.? DNA has proven persons found guilty of crimes, later exhonerated because the DNA tells the truth, eye-witnesses and power hungry officials, or tired cops can't always prove who done it. DNA evidence speaks for victims.

I rarely say I agree with anyone till the stories "done" but I agree this time I think it will be shown the parents were not involved in this little girls murder.

Just another opinion for what it's worth

~ Dorothy

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Rabbit, it's not odd for family members to look or act guilty in any sort of death. Guilt is a constant companion for grieving family members during the grieving process.

I'm really glad that this case has been resolved and exonerated the Ramseys. Nothing worse than losing a loved one and then being accused of causing their death because you're an easy target. The grief over the loss of a child is almost unbearable by itself. I'm also very happy that at least Patsy Ramsey was told about the valid suspect before she died.

Frannie

First of all, as a father (all daughters) I hope that the parents have done nothing wrong, because the very thought of a parent harming their children is disgusting. Unfortunately, it happens all the time.

2nd, most parents facing the violent death of their child are very emotional & distraught, Jonbenet's parents seemed IMO way too blase. As I said, maybe they are just odd. That is just my opinion based partly on what I would feel. Thank you for your opinion.

3rd, "this case has [not] been resolved." The man is a suspect...saying anymore than that right now would indicate a person has been manipulated by the media. I hope, if this guy is the guilty one, he pays dearly for his crimes.

Sincerely, Rabbit

• bem
    bem
    "this case has [not] been resolved." The man is a suspect...saying anymore than that right now would indicate a person has been manipulated by the media. I hope, if this guy is the guilty one, he pays dearly for his crimes.

Sincerely, Rabbit

Absolutely Rabbit, I hope if he is the one it is able to be proven to get him off the streets.

• sandy
    sandy

I too hope this is the right person. I feel so bad for the parents because I believe they are innocent.

• Gill
    Gill

It has just been announced on the news that he has admitted his guilt. Perhaps this little girl will finally get the justice she deserves.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Rabbit:

2nd, most parents facing the violent death of their child are very emotional & distraught, Jonbenet's parents seemed IMO way too blase. As I said, maybe they are just odd. That is just my opinion based partly on what I would feel. Thank you for your opinion.

3rd, "this case has [not] been resolved." The man is a suspect...saying anymore than that right now would indicate a person has been manipulated by the media. I hope, if this guy is the guilty one, he pays dearly for his crimes.

Just because some people keep their emotions private and choose not to show them on national television does not mean they are not "feeling" the exact same thing that any parent of a murdered child feels. This is not odd in the least. It is a common personality trait and is also a common reaction when one is in shock from grief. It is hardly evidence of any guilt. Conversely, many guilty of crimes can put on quite convincing acts of innocence for the public. This means absolutely nothing.

You say that implying the man who was arrested was guilty, indicates a person has been manipulated by the media. So what does it indicate when you imply the Ramsey's are guilty in some way just because they did not show the amount of feeling you thought they should and it seemed odd to you? Could it be that you were manipulated by pre-mature statements made by the police to the media implicating the Ramsey's? The police had enough evidence to at least make an arrest of this man which is more evidence than they ever had against the Ramsey's. In all fairness, judge both circumstances with the same measuring stick.

Cog

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

crap i got beat... anyway

Thai police: Suspect admits to killing JonBenét Ramsey

Updated 8/17/2006 3:21 AM ET
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-08-16-ramsey_x.htm
  • glitter
    glitter

John Karr's CV/Resume is here:

http://www.job4teacher.com/Candidates/JohnKarr.html

Will probably get pulled but makes creepy reading while it's up.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I rarely say I agree with anyone till the stories "done" but I agree this time I think it will be shown the parents were not involved in this little girls murder.

Totally agree Dorothy. I never thought the parents were involved in her murder. The Boulder police struck me as fairly incompetent and in way over their head on this case.

From the conflicting stories I've heard and read, this creep was up on charges in Thailand relating to sex with a child (which, apparently, the sex trade is a big lure in that country).

Pedophiles will take positions or jobs that put them close to children, so it does fit that he was a grade school teacher. I'm sorry to hear he's got three children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit