ARREST IN JONBENET RAMSEY CASE!

by BizzyBee 77 Replies latest social current

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Not necessarily disagreeing, but just to be Devil's Advocate for a moment: what would be his motive in confessing to a crime he didn't commit? Yeah publicity is one thing, but there's an excellent chance he gets the death penalty if convicted. He probably is mentally disturbed, frankly I think all pedophiles are, but I don't recall any other high profile case whereby someone eagerly confessed and it turned out they were innocent.

For an arrest, I would imagine it would take more than just some pedophile in Thailand saying "I did it". I would think there would be more evidence that has not yet been made public. I mean I've heard of people walking into police stations and confessing to crimes but they're not taken seriously unless there is other compelling evidence. I can't imagine him being arrested without some other evidence besides a confession.

But then again, this is the Boulder police and they haven't really distinguished themselves on this case.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Point well taken, BigTex...we just don't know enough yet.

However, were there not numerous false confessions in previous high profile cases, like the Charles Lindberg baby kidnapping + murder?

Not to mention all the questions that still persist about the so-called Boston Strangler?

Still watching for more evidence - James

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The parents were not "proven" guilty they were made to look guilty by police. Police that admitted they had not followed protocal and may of made it impossible to ever find the person who committed this crime. and rabid media and press compounded and jumped on the story hungry for the next hot story, never mind if everything they report was true or not!

True. They were tried and convicted in the so-called Court of Public Opinion. The Ramseys were portrayed as vindictive parents who had child-killing urges that they couldn't control. I saw examples of this on sketch comedy shows. Because I hadn't heard of any other suspects, I bought the conclusion that the parents killed Jonbenet.

The last time I'd even cared about the Ramsey murder was several years ago. Looking upon it now, hopefully the evidence is strong enough to find this creepy guy guilty and afford the Ramseys some relief from harrassment.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

When this report came out last night, I got goosebumps and thought, "No way!"

I really, really hope this is the guy--that the DNA will match. He could easily be some fruit loop out for attention.

What hell the family has been put through!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bleech!

I sure hope that DNA matches...ugh.

As far as the Ramsey's are concerned, Patsy I'm sure was sedated during the hoopla, (you'd HAVE to be!!), I know I would have been. That would account for what seemed like an unemotional demeanor. IMHO. It disturbed me at first when the father moved her and took off the tape over her mouth (ugh...just awful), and tried to remove her constraints. But an FBI profiler last night said it is normal that a parent would want to release the child, not thinking about crime scene contamination, that would be way to methodical in a time of absolute crises and horror.

I hope crime agencies all over will learn from this horrendous bungling by the Boulder police department.

• Nowman
    Nowman

The DNA will tell all. I also heard he said it was accidental death today. I read that he said "I loved Jonbenert very much", "she was a sweet little girl, and pretty". I read that his plan did not go the way it was suppose to yet she was strangled, beaten, raped? And his plan did not go right? I do not know if this is the guy, sure seems weird. There was an interview from his brother yesterday too...he did not believe his brother would do this, "hes a great guy, has three beautiful children" etc..."he did not even live in Boulder, Co".

I lived in Colorado when that happened, it was all people talked about...That beautiful little girl. Yes, I think that Patsy Ramsey appeared to go overboard with "Beauty Pagents", but we are on the outside looking in, maybe little Jonbenet loved doing the pagents...who knows, we weren't apart of that family. I am just saying, and I am not being partial, but little 9 year old daughter is a cutie. But, she is not in beauty pagents, if she wanted to be, Id let her. Anything can happen at any given time, thats the scary thing whether in beauty pagents or not.

Nikki

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Big Tex,

I heard something this morning about this creep facing similar charges in Bankok and that the legal process there towards a guilty party would be MAJORLY more painful for this guy as opposed to the legal processes here in the US. For some reason, Thailand is willing to kick him over to the US instead of keeping him and pursuing him themselves. They want him out! So, with that knowledge, he may have "admitted" to the JonBenet crime in order to get out of there and take his chances in the US before Thailand got a hold of him with their own UNIQUE form of prosecuting.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have just read some conflicting stories on whether or not the Thai government actually had charges on him...one source now says that in fact he was a free man up until the US called over to pick him up, and get this...

He had just started his new job of "second grade school teacher"!!!

Maybe they had pending charges on some other local crime that were coming down in due time.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I saw the Colorado DA press interview on CNN and first she goes into 50 different agency accreditations before giving NO new info.

With all due respect to the victims a whole lotta justice dept/law enforcement heads are gonna roll if this turns out bogus

• kid-A
    kid-A

Another inconsistency:

He claims he "drugged" her and had sex with her, however the autopsy toxicology revealed no drugs in her system at all. I'm still trying to figure out why his ex-wife

would offer an unsolicited alibi for him. Weirder and weirder. But the DNA tests should clarify it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit