The softer side of the Bible

by agapa37 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kid-A
    kid-A

All Humans in His book of remeberance Translation: All Humans belonging to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Corporation (tm) . LOL

• agapa37
    agapa37

ozzie it seems to me you are looking for an arguement. Dont exactly know why. If you are a student of the Bible you should know that to understand the bible we need to consider subjects in content. Now you are taking this innocent thread off into another direction. I would be happy to discuss my thoughts on what your leading me to on another thread if youd like. My intial post was sincere and upfront. I posted what I feel to be encouraging scriptures and why and wanted peoples opinions. So far just a few gave me some honest opinions, crumpet to name one. I repsected her opinion in fact. You are taking this into left field.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

How is asking you why that text is a comforting one to all people in general taking this thread into "left field"?

No, I'm not "looking for an argument" but when someone starts a thread and asks for comments as you have, I feel invited to do so.

Now, about the content (did you mean context?) I must entirely agree - that's precisely why I was asking the (unanswered) questions and why I referred you to Revelation 7:17.

Now, may I ask again, why is that text of such great comfort?

• agapa37
    agapa37

How is asking you why that text is a comforting one to all people in general taking this thread into "left field"? because I feel your leading me to say something specific to my belief that you can jump on. You are focusing on the world ALL and I know where you are trying to take me. remember JWS were trianed to lead people in coversations to get messages across.

No, I'm not "looking for an argument" but when someone starts a thread and asks for comments as you have, I feel invited to do so. Yes indeed i invited comments on if they feel it is comforting or not. You stated that it was comforting and thats awesome.

Now, about the content (did you mean context?) I must entirely agree - that's precisely why I was asking the (unanswered) questions and why I referred you to Revelation 7:17. Revelations 7:17 is not in context of Revelations 21;4-5 it is CONTENT. Context is an immediate surrounding of a perticular scripture.

Now, may I ask again, why is that text of such great comfort? Again because Gods Creation has been subjected to all sorts of turmoil, suffering due to the first human pair and the devil. God would like nothing better than to see the end of all this suffering heaped upon His creation. If you had kids wouldnt you want to see an end and help end thier suffering? That scripture i posted was an assurance of just that. The end of Human suffering.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    If you had kids wouldnt you want to see an end and help end thier suffering? That scripture i posted was an assurance of just that. The end of Human suffering.

We mere HUMAN parents have more UNCONDITIONAL love then your supposed god could EVER dream of having!

What 'loving' parent do you know that has the power to stop their kids suffering with a click of their finger doesn't do so?

And don't come back with the crap about 'letting' your kid go through an operation to make them better...We are talking about 'god' here are we not? 'He' can do anything can he not?

So now ....why is it that we mere humans LOVE more then the IDIOT that is suppose to BE LOVE?

• agapa37
    agapa37

legolis

a question that plagues everyone yes I would end it immediately if I had Gods Power, any human would for that matter. But then again at one point in time humans thought the earth was flat and if we came to close to the edge wed fall off. I firmly believe even if we were endowed with Gods power we would only make matters worse.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Again because Gods Creation has been subjected to all sorts of turmoil, suffering due to the first human pair and the devil. God would like nothing better than to see the end of all this suffering heaped upon His creation. If you had kids wouldnt you want to see an end and help end thier suffering? That scripture i posted was an assurance of just that. The end of Human suffering.

It's only an assurance if you actually believe it, which I don't, any more than I believe that, because a talking snake persuaded the first woman to eat an apple, the whole of humanity was condemned to suffer and die.

If, as you say, god would like nothing better than to see all this sufferring end, then why doesn't he end it? According to the wts, he's been on the verge of doing so since around 1874, so he's sure taking his time.

• agapa37
    agapa37

Fullofdoubtnow

You are correct, it is only encouraging if you believe it. I respect and agree with that. I dont worry about what th WT says about it. All i know is that the bible says one day. one day.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    know that God will wipe out EVERY tear from our eyes and death will be no more! Neither will morning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things will pass away..........

Simplify the translation

once you're dead you're dead.

• jgnat
    jgnat

agapa, I receive comfort from knowing God is with me today. That's a little more immediate than some day in the future.

(Matthew 28:20 DRB)

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.

(Luke 11:13 RV)

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

(Matthew 11:29 DRB)

Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: And you shall find rest to your souls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit