The softer side of the Bible

by agapa37 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agapa37
    agapa37

well Ill take that as a leave me alone statement. Sorry if i offended you. Point taken

• Legolas
    Legolas
    well Ill take that as a leave me alone statement. Sorry if i offended you. Point taken

LOL…You didn’t offend me!

I’m just saying that reasoning (why he would allow suffering) doesn’t fly with me.

• agapa37
    agapa37

oh ok sorry didnt follow that..duh Im kinda S-L-O-W

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

agapa37,

thanks for your attempt to find the positive, but as you can see you anything positive upsets the usual suspects here at jwd and it is their world you are dealing with. and they will turn around and tear you apart while claiming to agree with you. just like they did at the kingdom hall. "smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes-they don't tell the truth..."

j2s

• jgnat
    jgnat

just2sheep, I REALLY HATE IT when board members are lumped, and a sweeping statement is made about our motives. Shame.

• agapa37
    agapa37

just2sheep thanks for the look out. I have tried for months apon months to join this site and for some reason had trouble. In the meantime I looked in and read alot and noticed some of the things you said to be true with some posters. When i came here the site said Jehovahs-witness discussion forum.com....everyone welcome, so I said what the heck!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

just2sheep, I REALLY HATE IT when board members are lumped, and a sweeping statement is made about our motives. Shame.
    I didn't feel that the use of the term "usual suspects" was a lumping together of all board members. I certainly don't feel included in that. And I also found some of the responses predictable. If anyone should feel shame it's those who would jump down the throat of someone who started an inoffensive thread. W

• agapa37
    agapa37

Wow finally, what a very intuitive statement. I mean that. The one who took offence to sheeps statement must have guilty feelings or was just sticking up for friends, who knows. I am glad that some veiwed this thread for what it was.......unoffensive!

• kid-A
    kid-A

"just2sheep, I REALLY HATE IT when board members are lumped, and a sweeping statement is made about our motives. Shame." Jgnat, for the record, your comment was 100% spot-on !

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Good morning agapa!

Yes, it's morning downunder and I've been able to catch up on your comments.

because I feel your leading me to say something specific to my belief that you can jump on. You are focusing on the world ALL and I know where you are trying to take me. remember JWS were trianed to lead people in coversations to get messages across.

I understand then that you acknowledge that your interpretation (i.e. "comfort") is through JW eyes? Are you recognising that the Bible actually teaches something quite different from what the JWs believe and are forcing yourself to deny it? It's called cognitive dissonance. JWs teach that the New Testament ("Greek Scriptures") was written for and to the 144,000 alone; not to the "great crowd". They claim that this is why the only hope , a heavenly one, described for Christ's disciples was heavenly. The text you quoted as being of great comfort for people in general clearly refers, in context, to those (in the first century) who would endure persecution from the Roman Empire and would ultimately gain the reward of being in the glorious presence of our Lord himself. If, however, you view this text 'through Watchtower eyes', it's inconsistent, at best, to single out one text and claim it as comfort for all.

God would like nothing better than to see the end of all this suffering heaped upon His creation. If you had kids wouldnt you want to see an end and help end thier suffering? That scripture i posted was an assurance of just that. The end of Human suffering.
    What type of God is that, who would "like nothing better than to see the end of suffering"? Rather, God is the creator God who has a plan to redeem humankind. You speak nothing of God's Plan. Finally, and most poignantly, none of the scriptures you selected are about Jesus. Jesus is our redeemer, our salvation, our hope. Yet you fail to mention him. Why is that? Isn't it because JWs fail to give Christ the honor and worship he so clearly warrants? Why did you not include a text like John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (NIV)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit