The softer side of the Bible

by agapa37 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agapa37
    agapa37

Ozzie I dont want to turn this into a dispute. This was intented to share my belief in the softer side of the bible and for others to say what they think, not to start a debate. If you dont agree thats ok, if not why dont you agree with the comfort of that scripture?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Ozzie I dont want to turn this into a dispute. This was intented to share my belief in the softer side of the bible and for others to say what they think, not to start a debate. If you dont agree thats ok, if not why dont you agree with the comfort of that scripture?

agape: You won't find i did say i didn't find comfort in the scripture, it's just that you've put it up as a text that you find encouraging, and presumably to all, and so i am asking why you do find it so. Care to share?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Agapa,

Just curious, are you an active jehovah's witness?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

And here was I thinking that this was a thread on the NWT soft covers introduced as a cost saving exercise.

Apparently I asked my mother why they had done this and she said it was for everyones convenience...haha...I just love the spin!

She didnt like it when I said it looked and felt cheap lol

DB74

• agapa37
    agapa37

well ozzie you ask why i feel it is so comforting? In my reply to crumpet i stated why. Ok crumpet the one in Rev. 21:4-5 is one of my favorites because ALL humanity is touched by illness Illness and death is the cause of much human suffering, that is a fact and all of us are touched by it in some shape or form and i find it rather encouraging to know God sees that and will one day wipe it out!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

agape:

So you agree that ALL humankind are included in this and that these words of John are directed to......well, to whom?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

agape:

I'll give you a clue: look at Revelation 7:17

• agapa37
    agapa37

So in all fairness, I ask you.....Do you feel that scripture is comforting?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Are you going to ignore my question Agapa? Not very christian of you, is it?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Wouldn't be so comforting if you're hellbound would it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit