Witness accepts transfusion to save life.

by bigmouth 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My wife, who is studying midwifery, has just finished watching an episode of Maternity Ward wherein a dub by the name of Yvette Thompson was having a Caesarean due to fibroids among other things. She told the doctor she wouldn't have a transfusion because of being a JW. Her 'fiance' said he disagreed with her stand but he would intervene if need be.
    The baby was fine but Yvette continued to bleed after the op. At the point she was told that there was nothing more that could be done for her and she would likely die, she changed her mind and accepted a transfusion.
    Do you know this woman? What's the likelihood she was D/F lickety-split for this rebellious act? And I imagine that many in the medical profession will be happy to see the dubs cave in when push comes to shove.
    This was the U.S. series not the U.K. one

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I would guess that a woman having a baby accompanied by her fiance is not going to be a JW in good standing. Maybe she is one of those poor lost souls who aren't active JWs, but still believe it is the truth. Having appeared on TV taking a blood transfusion with her (presumably) non-JW fiance at her side as she gives birth, I'd say if she wasn't df'd already, she would have been considered to have da'd by her actions pretty quickly.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good on her, I hope that they're all okay and that she won't spend the rest of her life in some stupid guilt trip.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Good on her, I hope that they're all okay and that she won't spend the rest of her life in some stupid guilt trip.

DITTO! Ian

• sir82
    sir82
    What's the likelihood she was D/F lickety-split for this rebellious act?

I'd have to say pretty darn high, given that (1) she willingly accepted a blood transfusion, and (2) apparently isn't married to the baby's daddy, and these facts were broadcast....on national TV!

• ferret
    ferret

At least now she has the rest of her life regardless of what she feels.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

At least she is alive... and I am also guessing that she isn't an active JW, actually probably not even baptized since her fiance is there with her and they are not married.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good for her, and I hope her and the baby are doing well. If she hasn't been df'd already, she soon will be. I hope she reflects on how their stupid rules almost cost her life, and never makes a single move to go back.

• IW
    IW
    What's the likelihood she was D/F lickety-split for this rebellious act?

That would depend on several factors such as the brand of elders in her congregation and if she claims repentance. If she has hard-nosed elders she is likely fried but if she has moderate/well meaning elders she may get off if, in their opinion, she is "genuinely" repentant.

Another factor of course would be her own personality and personal history in the congregation.

jmo,

IW

• M.J.
    M.J.

What channel is that show on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit