Witness accepts transfusion to save life.

by bigmouth 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Khufu
    Khufu

Big Mouth, thanks for the interesting story, but did that patient authorize you to publish her name? If not, she might sue you and your wife for breaching the professional secret. Be more careful!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Big Mouth, thanks for the interesting story, but did that patient authorize you to publish her name? If not, she might sue you and your wife for breaching the professional secret. Be more careful!

It was a TV show....

My wife, who is studying midwifery, has just finished watching an episode of Maternity Ward wherein a dub by the name of Yvette Thompson was having a Caesarean due to fibroids among other things.

Yeah, I can imagine she got the boot pretty quickly for that little stunt of...not choosing to die...

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS no longer DFs JWs who accept blood transfusions. Since around 2000, the WTS considers that the person has disassociated themselves.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

very good blondie! you'd make a great WT p/r lady. Only you wouldn't be a lady! :) Pete

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

mj, it's on Skys Discovery channel here in NZ. I think the episodes were recorded about 2002

• blondie
    blondie

WTS PR Lady...........might as well get the terms and policy straight because the WTS tells the media that they do not DF their members for taking a blood transfusion. Of course, we know that DAing brings the same result except for

They do not have to convene a judicial committee/hearing if a JW has DA'd themselves. No need to notify the person. Just make the announcement at the hall that so-and-so is no longer a JW.

It is the way the WTS gets around the concerns of governments who are considering registering them as a religion. Legally, it seems to be the choice and responsibility on the individual JW rather than it being the decision of the WTS.

Blondie (reports the facts)

• Khufu
    Khufu

Ah, a TV show! Sorry, it had escaped my attention.

For cases of blood transfusion, a star-chamber tribunal used to be convened. Today, they can do without a trial. Why care about the charter of human rights? If God were to destroy the United Nations, where would the Watchtower Society appear?

They want to make the refusal of a transfusion appear as a matter of personal choice and individual conscience, but if so, why did they call me before a judicial comittee for having had a exchange of thoughts with ajwrb.org's elder Lee, whom they called an apostate?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I was just wondering if she took packed red blood cells (PRBC)? And if so, isn't that considered a fraction of whole blood? Therefore, she, really, didn't break the witnesses stupid sanction.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I was just wondering if she took packed red blood cells (PRBC)? And if so, isn't that considered a fraction of whole blood? Therefore, she, really, didn't break the witnesses stupid sanction.

Seriously, I don't think the Watchtower will allow the dubs to accept red blood cells because they carry oxygen and the real leader of the jw cult doesn't want the dubs to live beyond surgery anyway.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Blood fractions and the small details of her care weren't aired. The programme gives a broad overview of the variety of events at Yale-New Haven.
    Yes Honesty, none of the GB are going to have to deal with blood loss during child birth :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit