IS EVOLUTION THE ANSWER?

by Dansk 53 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If you mix reincarnation with evolution it gets pretty interesting. It is said that we voluteered to go thru the the reincarnation process here on earth as humans and that after learning our lessons here on earth we stop the rebirth cycle and go off into some other higher level or dimension, and that we all chose this process for the greater good of all so that evolution can continue evolveing to produce things beyound our wildest imagination. It is supposed to be pure intelligents(not biased or subjective like ours)and consciousness which is the very ground of all being, that is doing all this and experiening all this and that any suffering we experience do to this is because we have been under the illusion of seperation and that once we come out of the illusion of seperation all suffereing ends.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Turn on the T.V. at the moment and all one sees is footage of conflicts around the world, notably in the Lebanon. The war has its roots in religion (as do many/most wars) as the Israeli's are primarily Jewish and the Arabs are primarily Muslim - and yet if we remove their religious tags we find that they are ALL Semites! Therefore, if we get rid of all religion and accept that we are all equal - the evolutionist model (I know, religion supposedly infers that all men are equal but evolution contends that we definitely are, i.e. we are all the same species!) - would it not be better for us all to believe in evolution? What do you think?>>

No. Two countries, China, North Korea. Nuf said. WW1 and WW2 were not fought on religious grounds. If nobody believed in a supreme being or prophets or messiahs anymore, there would still be war, evil, manipulation, men would just bow to other 'gods.' I don't think there would be any sort of utopian shift if religion were to be abolished. On the contrary. We cannot know how many mens egos have been checked by fear of a higher power. And try and offset the goodwill, charity, and, yes, freedom that cannot be charted every single day by men and women who are set in motion by their faith.

The fact is, men can be animals. Would telling a would be pedophile that the little girl he is targeting is equal to him, he shouldn't harm her, would alter his course?
    Yes, religion=created equal, can trace back genes to common ancestors
    evolution=can trace genes back to common ancestors, therefore equal. duh.
    Btw, to those who are having a fit about men not being 'superior' to other beings on this planet. When a cow cures diseases, when a flea writes about quantam mechanics, when a buffalo stitches up a wounded soldier and saves his life, and when a manatee paints a ceiling like Michelangelo, then maybe there will be some substance to your cotton candy hippy speech.
    If that is true, then you should find it difficult if at some point someone were to threaten both the life of your son or daughter, or a fish. You pick which. One must die. But...they are both equal now aren't they?

smellsgood

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Just read over an article last night written by Ken Raines on Theistic Evolution. I didn't realize the Society endorsed this thinking until at least the 1920's. It does give one a lot to think about. The site is www.premier1.net/~raines/theistic.html. It's especially interesting since the Society claims that their not believing in evolution was one of the things that made Jesus select them in 1918.

Little Bo Peep

• myelaine
    myelaine

"Equality itself has to be defined before one makes the leap of "faith" that any ism or world view is "thee answer".

carmel"

I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed!

How long will this be the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal.

So when these people or the prophet or the priest ask you, saying, What is the oracle of the LORD? you shall say to them, What oracle? I will even forsake you, says the LORD. And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten. (Jeremiah 23:25-27, 33,40)

Thus says the LORD of hosts:

Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They make you worthless; they speak a vision of their own heart, not from the mouth of the LORD. They continually say to those who despise Me, The LORD has said, "You shall have peace"; And to everyone who walks according to the imagination of his own heart, "No evil shall come upon you". (Jeremiah 23:16-17)

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit