Were you a bathroom breaker?

by Mysterious 50 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

One sister told me that toilets in the sister's restroom made a squeal every time they were flushed. When she was on the way out, she made sure to go once to the restroom during the first meeting and then once during the 2nd meeting. She went to the restroom, but just flushed.

Two elders approached her and told her that she had to refrain from using the restroom during the meeting. She just told them she had a chronic urinary condition and had to go. "You aren't suggesting brothers that I wear depends and pee in my pants or that I stay home?"

You can imagine their faces.

• okie46
    okie46

At our hall that is where all the elders wives went to chat and gossip during the meetings.

• okie46
    okie46

""I forgot how I used to wait until paragraph 9 of the wt. Then I knew I was half way done, and went to the bathroom""" Momofmany... that is hilarious, I usually waited til paragraph 7 or 8.

• KW13
    KW13
    ""I forgot how I used to wait until paragraph 9 of the wt. Then I knew I was half way done, and went to the bathroom""" Momofmany... that is hilarious, I usually waited til paragraph 7 or 8.

very clever stuff, sad to say i used to sit and study near the end

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Very funny read! I feel sorry for the kids at meetings, there is usually absolutely nothing on the program remotely for them and yet they are forced to sit and listen, dont go to the loo, etc etc.

I can remember being at one sunday meeting with a hangover, I simply had to go to the loo to splash cold water on my face to keep the nauseous feeling at bay.

As for people milling about, many girls would come in clearly with renewed makeup, others would take it water from the kitchen we had, presumably so they could go for a toilet break later on! Elders would wander around, even pretending to check outside for security's sake! I actually do remember occasions where I had genuine need for a loo break but feeling guilty and who's going to see me and holding it, how pathetically micromanaged we were - no wonder I eventually got so fed up I left.

CS 101

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was a bathroom breaker and a hall walker. Ya know how it was - late in the day, your eyes just won't stay open and you figure the only way you're gonna be able to stay away is to take a walk. Never mind the guys with the "Keep Moving" signs as only as you kept walking. I did it all the time at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Ca. Also it was the best time to get in and out of the women's bathroom too.

Josie

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

does anyone remember the servants, elders and MS, loitering in the back of the hall during the meeting? I remember a couple of guys who would lean against the literature counter, wander over to the information board

That was me when I was a MS and then became an elder. Hey.......just because one might be an MS or elder doesn't mean that the meetings still aren't boring.

HappyDad

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

What lunacy! How did intelligent people, which most of us here are, get suckered into something so transparently stupid? Thankfully I'm not a parent and so never had to monitor anyones bathroom useage. MM

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Recipe for my "weekly water walk" -

Drink lots of water -

Walk down the aisle - during the first song

Walk down the aisle - during the break

Walk down the aisle - during the final prayer

I walked down the aisle more than Elizabeth Taylor!

• Gill
    Gill

Blondie - I've just printed off the 'No Wee Wee' instructions given by the Faithful and Discreet Slave to pass on to my dear counsellor.

Do you know what my homework is now?

I have to go to the toilet every hour. If I'm having a meeting with a teacher I have to excuse myself to go to the bathroom, (whether I want to or not).

If I'm at the shops I'm to just stop and find a toilet and go. I'm to stop serving out dinner and happily say, 'could someone else finish. I'm nipping to the bathroom.' etc, etc, etc.

She believes this ENFORCED indoctrination by my fanatical JW parents is the cause of being worried about even needing to go to the bathroom.

I'm in my forties. I've left JWs for years. I still think it's wrong to need to go to the bathroom, even though I know it isn't.

I, when I need to go wee, remember my aunt, mother and other JWs criticising and tearing apart the character of JWs who used the toilet during meetings or out in service.

How insane is that!!!

For God's sake! I think it's time for me to GROW UP!

I appreciate this thread. I find it fascinating that others have also found this oppressive. I now understand that having threatening and controlling parents made it worst but...in the end, it's all about WTBTS control and the power it gives to others to control those they should be caring for!

Thanks all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit