Any Dubs in your Hall that were puportedly "Demonized"?

by Sailor Ripley 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Okay, cool. So there are stories... Did anyone of you actually see any of these "demons" or this paranormal activity? If so, any in Central Texas? I'd love to go and see some just for the hoot of it.

I didn't believe it then and probably don't now but I sure would love to see something float.

If, at least, we can go and drink Bourbon then that'll be cool too. I'll bring all my Eagle's albums and my ELP, Brain Salad Surgery. Remember the Medusa/Predator-like chick once you folded open the tabs? ...oh and a couple of Styx albums and we'll be all set.

Totally off topic, but there was a dude/dad/elder in my congo that said that all the bad things he had done were due to Rock and Roll. He took the radios out of his cars so the demons couldn't get to him. I should mail him a cassette tape of Havohej, this crappymetal band.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    I'm sorry friend, but this is another urban legend just like the one of the Smurf doll getting up and running out of the Kingdom Hall.

Arthur, I hope you or anyone else didn't get the impression that I beleived that dumb story.

• Quandry
    Quandry

monkeyshine- thanks for the reeeeaaaallly good laugh!!!!!! At least the dog and cat were discerning enough to send the witnesses away!!!!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Arthur, I hope you or anyone else didn't get the impression that I beleived that dumb story.

Stupid me. I didn't know that you were joking around.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    It worked, either that or he got tired of it all and lied to them. Several years later I read an article about sleep paralysis. and it fit every part of his description of what was happening to him.

At one time I suffered from sleep apnea. They did a sleep study on me, and found that when I stopped breathing my O2 levels went dangeroulsy low. - Low enough to cause what the doctor called "Hypo Induced Hallucinations." Another name for this is "Night Terror" or "Waking Terror." Very scary stuff. It is basically having a nightmare while you are wide awake with your eyes open. One of my worst was when I awoke to see a man standing over my bed. He seemed COMPLETELY real. I jumped out of bed and took a swing at him, and he disapeared. Another common one was "waking" to see huge spiders all over the bed. Yet another was having the ceiling cave in on me. All VERY real. When I got my CPAP machine, this all stopped. But I can only imagine what the Elders would have said, if I told them what was going on. But I think that a lot of "demon possession" is based on the above.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Its Demonized !!!!!!!!!! Some just love to use those words. Every time something happens they think it’s the demons. If someone hears voices they are most likely mental ill.

I knew a couple that thought the crackle of the volume control on the radio meant the radio was demonized, its only a dusty the volume control that causes that.

Another couple, the Television would sometimes turn OFF and ON by itself, this was caused by a Sticky remote control, probably had soft drink spilt on it, and not by the demons.

I've heard that Nuff story even in Australia. I didn't beleive it even when I was a beleiver in the WTS.

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus
    At one time I suffered from sleep apnea. They did a sleep study on me, and found that when I stopped breathing my O2 levels went dangeroulsy low. - Low enough to cause what the doctor called "Hypo Induced Hallucinations." Another name for this is "Night Terror" or "Waking Terror." Very scary stuff. It is basically having a nightmare while you are wide awake with your eyes open. One of my worst was when I awoke to see a man standing over my bed. He seemed COMPLETELY real. I jumped out of bed and took a swing at him, and he disapeared. Another common one was "waking" to see huge spiders all over the bed. Yet another was having the ceiling cave in on me. All VERY real. When I got my CPAP machine, this all stopped. But I can only imagine what the Elders would have said, if I told them what was going on. But I think that a lot of "demon possession" is based on the above.

And here is a person who feels entirely competent to have weapons in his home as defense.

Amazing how you are twenty-two times more likely to kill someone you know than an actual attacker.

• under_believer
    under_believer

When people take the thread off topic, it is my favorite thing ever in the entire world.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My radio was demonized once, but I wasn't a JW. Thought I was well and truly going nuts for awhile till I realized that my son had discovered a remote(For the CAR stereo!) and thought it was great fun to mess with me. My demon is now 18 and I am gonna get him back for that, somehow. Waiting for the perfect prank. . . My JW aunt (now out, off the drugs and alcohol and a lovely person to know) had her house demonized back in the 70's. . .but I think many young JW women who got things from garage sales had that issue then. . .right before the big '75.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

You can't forget about the giant wooden fork and spoon (from a yard sale, Jamaica, wherever) story that had me spooked every time I went to a friends house who had them as a kid.

The worst is I remember telling them they should get rid of them!

How embarrassing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit