Any Dubs in your Hall that were puportedly "Demonized"?

by Sailor Ripley 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

We had a whole family that moved into our congo when I was about 10. They had kids from 6 to 16-years-old. There was always talk of their beds spinning and shoes floating, et cetera. They lived in a literal shack so I didn't want to go there to spend the night, but I always wanted to go and "check it out" to see some fireworks. I heard a while back that they are all in prison or dead now. Damn Demons!

Anything like that happen in your congo?

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

A few people in my old congregation said they heard voices...then the elders would go over to their homes and... actually I don't know what the elders did? But, one of the ladies is in and out of a mental institution now and the elders still go to see her there....maybe they should just stay there.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

One sister in my old KH claimed that while her husband was out of town working, "something" sat on the bed and touched her in a way similar to her husband. She decided that she had attracted demons by means of an Eagles Greatest Hits album, which featured a bird skull on the cover.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I remember a guy named Joe Rutheford who used to claim that the angels communicated to him new "flashes of light", and then had a house built for the return of ancient Bible characters to live in. On second thought, maybe this wasn't demons. Maybe it was just the bourbon.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Eagles Greatest Hits

I have that album. Do you suppose...?

A bit off topic, but I knew an elderly sister in a congregation that was conviced her house had become haunted as her furniture and other things in the house kept switching around. It scared her silly. Turns out that her son-in-law (an elder) and grandson thought it was funny to come into her house when she was gone and move stuff - move a chair from one wall to another, change where lamps were sitting, rearrange the fridge, etc. What a couple of assholes...

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Turns out that her son-in-law (an elder) and grandson thought it was funny to come into her house when she was gone and move stuff

ROFL ! ! Oh man, that's just wrong. But still hilarious.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

You may think I am making this up but it was a very "real" story that circulated around the local KH's.

Our PO and his wife went to a door in service and the door opened slowly and a dog was standing there.

The DOG said, "Get out of here we don't like your kind".

They stood there in disbelief (like they wouldn't run for there lives) and a minute later the CAT came to the door and said "Didn't you here the dog, get out of here".

Sounds crazy but it was backed up by very "respectable" members of the cong. including the PO who would act like it was so traumatizing he didn't like talking about it.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Our PO and his wife went to a door in service and the door opened slowly and a dog was standing there.

I'm sorry friend, but this is another urban legend just like the one of the Smurf doll getting up and running out of the Kingdom Hall. I heard this dog story about 15 years ago, but it involved only a MS going to the door by himself against the orders of the elders.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I have 2, but they are so recent and specific, that I can't post them, but I will someday.

Warlock

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Oh yeah.

I knew this guy and his wife. He was late 30's or early 40's she was in her 40's. They were a little different but were not so dogmatic about things as most jw's, so we were friends.

He was sure that he was being attacked by demons at night and was asking the elders for help. They questioned him to no end and went through his house for something that would attract demons.

This went on for some time and they had prayer sessions and interrogated him over and over. Surely he must have been doing some thing wicked. Nothing seemed to work.

Finally found that he had bought a USED tire for his car from a salvage yard. I don't recall what they did with the tire but they had him get rid of it.

It worked, either that or he got tired of it all and lied to them. Several years later I read an article about sleep paralysis. and it fit every part of his description of what was happening to him.

By that time I was out of the borg and moved away. I often wonder what happened to him and his demon attacks.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit