Nearly Lost my Son Yesterday

by XJW4EVR 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm glad to hear your son is all right. I know I'd feel exactly like you if that had happened to my son.

Do you know if they're pressing charges on the driver? Hope so.

Chris

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Charges have been filed on the driver. They are DUI, attempted vehicular manslaughter, & reckless driving. According to the sergeant, who is a friend of my ex's, they are looking into getting him on more. Evidently, this guy is well known were my ex lives. He has a domestic violence habit, and various other drug & alcohol induced criminal acts on his record.

The ex is currently looking into hiring an attorney. Knowing here as I do, she'll get a good one, and make this jerk pay through the nose.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so glad that the title was only 'almost'. I am so glad to know he will be fine, so glad they got the jerk who hurt him, that the police were there and his mom took good care of him. You won the Lottery my friend! Shelly

• Quandry
    Quandry

Glad all is O.K. with your son. I too will hug my daughter extra today.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi xjw,

Hugs to you all. I hope your son makes a full and speedy recovery!

• meljon
    meljon

I am so glad he is going to have a full recovery. I am always surprised at the number of people who come into the emergency department and state they have driven themselves and are obviously under the influence of alcohol or drugs. But I am also surprised at the number of patients that come to emergency that have not worn a helmut in a bike accident or have not buckled their seatbelts in a car accident. Our lives can change in the blink of an eye. I went to a wake yesterday for a lady who died on her 51st birthday after being struck by a speeding van 3 weeks earlier. Makes ya want to hug your kids and family a little more eh?

• freebird2000
    freebird2000

So glad you were spared the horror of losing your son.

I lost a cousin to a drunk driver so I am always happy to hear when one gets caught.

Hope your son heals quickly and is out having fun again soon.

Freebird

• juni
    juni

Thinking of you XJ and your son. My kids are older and you still are concerned for their safety. My oldest had a close call w/a cow last night. He works 3rd shift so it was dark out. A herd of cattle broke through the farmer's fence and one ended up in the road. My son totaled his car on the butt of a cow. My son ended up o.k.

You never know when something might take the life of a loved one. Make each day count is my motto.

Hugs,

Juni

• Carmel
    Carmel

xjw, my thoughts to you from one who nearly lost a son as well.

carmelbbbbbbbbb

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wishing your son a full and speedy recovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit