Nearly Lost my Son Yesterday

by XJW4EVR 49 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I got a call from the ex, she was in tears, and said that our son was struck by car while riding his bike to work. When I got to the ER, he was lying there in the bed. He was bruised & scratched. He recieved a mild concussion, brokeen wrist, sprained knee. The driver of the car was DUI, and was been arrested and full charges will be pressed. Fortunately, a cop had just turned and was behind my son when all this happened. It was also fortunate that the responding sergeant is a good friend of my ex's.

As I saw him lying there I was moved to tears. His life flashed before my eyes. Seeing him born. Taking him home. Taking him to school. Playing ball in the park. Wrestling in the front room. Playing X-Box. Going to the Dodger-Yankee pre-season game. Going to USC home games. Kissing him goodnight. All these thoughts run through your head, and a gamut of emotion courses through your body. Last night, I barely remember driving home.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

how scary!
    i'm glad he wasnt hurt any worse than he was.

was he wearing a helmet? if not, good time to suggest him start wearing one. you never know what might happen when your on a bike.

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

Oh my God, he was so lucky.

This brings me to tears...I'm going to go home from work today and give my kids all an extra hug and tell them how much I love them.

LIG

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I am sooo glad he came to no serious harm but sad that he was hurt at all.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yes, he was wearing his helmet. Children under 18 must wear a helmet in California. According to the ER Doc. the helmet kept him from having a much worse head injury.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats great that he had his helmet on! good law!

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Oh my goodness!!!! How scared you must be! How old is your son?

He's going to be okay though?! My blood boils when people are irresponsible and drive under the influence .

I will be thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery for your son!

(((((((((Hugs)))))) to you both!

• delilah
    delilah

As I saw him lying there I was moved to tears. His life flashed before my eyes. Seeing him born. Taking him home. Taking him to school. Playing ball in the park. Wrestling in the front room. Playing X-Box. Going to the Dodger-Yankee pre-season game. Going to USC home games. Kissing him goodnight. All these thoughts run through your head, and a gamut of emotion courses through your body. Last night, I barely remember driving home.

OMG, that is the absolute WORST thing. I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your son...I do hope he will be okay....thank god the policeman saw everything. I hope they throw the book at the driver....I hate drunk driver's with a passion.

I had the same feelings come over me when my son (he was 3 at the time) fell down the stairs in the basement, and he had a severe concussion. He lay in the hospital for 3 hours before the doctor was able to wake him up. It was extremely excruciating to see him like that.

Keep us posted.

• Gregor
    Gregor

XJW

I want to add my best wishes for your sons full recovery. This was a very close call. These kind of things really sharpen our perspective of what's important.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm glad he's alive. Stuff like that is absolute horror.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit