TERROR ALERT _ UK AIRPORTS in CHAOS

by Crumpet 55 Replies latest social current

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    It takes so much energy to hate...they must be utterly exhausted.

You can see why they want to die so badly - just to get some sleep.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Do we know who 'they' are this time? Just wondering and havent seen a telly yet.

Could it be my ex husband who knows im due home on Monday and wants to extend his contact with my daughter? (like he gets her every other weekend - sheesh! Theres no need for him to getall hissy and blow up my plane)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I just hope they don't turn out to be Brazillian

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Where I work (here in Texas), we have a couple of fellas who were flying to Dallas, this morning.

I just got word that they were at the airport at 6:00am - in the Security line - still - and their flight was due to leave at 6:30am.

I'm not sure if they made that flight (or had to take a later one).

They were going to be carrying some electronic cables (as carry-on luggage) that they were going to use in Dallas - for testing purposes.

Oh... and one of the fellas travelling? British. Like I told my fiancee... not a good day to be British.

Let's hope the madness stops soon.

Regards,

Jim TX

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm glad I got back in time, but Ballistic is still over there

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm sure our American friends would have been happy to keep you a little longer LT!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

A side note on this...

A co-worker just came in, and we were discussing this topic. He mentioned that you can't take 'liquids' through security... but you can purchase them after you get through.

So... perhaps this bit is meant to boost sales of the bottled water and sodas that people were learning to take with them? (Like I would do - taking a couple of bottles of water with me in carry-on - to avoid having to pay the $2.00+ at the airport.)

Just a thought.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. He also said... "Have you tasted baby formula?" I had to admit that I haven't. (He has a newborn baby) He says that that stuff is nasty. He jokingly said - "No thanks. I'll toss the stuff. Sorry kiddo, you're drinking sodas."

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    P.S. He also said... "Have you tasted baby formula?" I had to admit that I haven't. (He has a newborn baby) He says that that stuff is nasty. He jokingly said - "No thanks. I'll toss the stuff. Sorry kiddo, you're drinking sodas."

LOL - a Daddy after my own heart!

And yes I take my own water too if the drinks aren't complimentary - but on most long haul flights the drinks are in fact free so in wouldnt boost sales any.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Crumpet:Interesting comment - are you wishing I'd stayed over there?

Jim:
    I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but the following idea floated through my head on the back of a comment on TV about low fuel reserves, rising fuel prices and taxation of international flights to reduce use.

Closing flights will have a similar effect. Increasing security increases the bother of using flight, causing a similar effect. Closing flights due to terrorist action invalidates travel insurance, meaning that the passengers lose out rather than the companies, leading to disgruntled passengers, leading to reduced flights.

~smacks self upside the head~

Normal service has been resumed... what was I saying??

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

LT - I dunno ... all I know is that from San Antonio, TX to Dallas, TX is only a 1 hour flight.

However... add to that the 30 minutes it takes to get to the airport.

Add to that the 2 hours one needs to get there - ahead of the flight - to get through security (on a normal day).

Add to that the 30 minutes from the airport in Dallas, to the work-site destination.

That is a total of 4 hours.

It takes about 4 hours and 30 minutes to DRIVE the distance... if the delays through security get any 'longer' - it may turn out that driving the distance is quicker.

I think that a lot of other people will start adding things like this - and perhaps opt to drive - instead of fly.

Too bad we don't have some sort of high-speed rail system here ... I like to travel by train... but to get to Dallas via Am-Trak is an all-day affair, and only attempted by those not in a hurry.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit