TERROR ALERT _ UK AIRPORTS in CHAOS

by Crumpet 55 Replies latest social current

• KW13
    KW13

it doesnt scare me, instead it really gets me angry.

its gonna have to result in some drastic measures in the end, this can't keep going on.

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

It was the first thing I heard this morning. That's terrible! I hope the threat is completely eliminated... I really don't understand those people who strike at random and try to hurt people who have nothing to do with their conditions. Like KW13, this stuff makes me angry but I have to admit that it scares me too sometimes.
    "'War and Peace' will have to go in my cleavage ": it's comforting to know there's is still some good in this world. ;-)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

The airline added that it was also cancelling some domestic and short haul services in and out of Gatwick airport during the remainder of the day.

The airline said it hoped to operate as many long haul services as possible from Heathrow and Gatwick.

Passenger concern

BAA has said that at Heathrow all short-haul inbound aircraft have been cancelled. Inbound long-haul flights continue to operate but with severe delays.

Does anyone get the logic of cancelling the short haul flights and continuing the long haul when they say it was specifically long haul flights to the States that the 18 bombers planned to board and blow up?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

crumpet.

Does anyone get the logic of cancelling the short haul flights and continuing the long haul when they say it was specifically long haul flights to the States that the 18 bombers planned to board and blow up?

Its likley that the short haul flights are still on the ground somewhere, however, the longhaul flights, eg South Africa or Tokyo are in the air.

also: there will be a huge back log of planes at Heathrow that they have to get off

steve

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

but they werent cancelling long haul flights already in progress!

ground control to Pilot of Pacific Airlines 222 Heathrow to Bangkok:

"Sorry you'll just have to do a U-turn - the flights been cancelled. We suspect a terrorist attack so bring your goddamn ass back to the UK!!"

I'm still confused - makes no sense.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

crumpet:

ground control to Pilot of Pacific Airlines 222 Heathrow to Bangkok:

"Sorry you'll just have to do a U-turn - the flights been cancelled. We suspect a terrorist attack so bring your goddamn ass back to the UK!!"

I'm still confused - makes no sense.

Okay, you've confused me now!

If a long haul flight is in progress, they wont recall it unless they have specific indication that there is a problem with that flight.

If there is a back log of planes on the ground, it makes sense to clear the long haul flights first (or at least as a priority) as short haul flights tend to be commuter type flights, with a higher schedule.

If Victoria bus station was backed up, they would concentrate on clearing out the buses to Scotland, Wales, and shrink the amount of incoming buses from Lewisham to clear the back log.

steve

• forsharry
    forsharry

Yeah I heard about the tasting of formula in order to get it on the planes for your baby...but i was thinking (cause aparently given the 'proper' push I could be a master criminal.) Like you're a terrorist and you're going to blow up a plane, killing yourself and everyone else...what's a little liquid explosives in the tummy? Couldn't you just envision them using a baby as a smokescreen and drinking said 'formula' to prove it was nummy and nutritious when it really was explosives?

I'm going to go do penance for thinking such things...

I'm just glad that they caught this, and hope that scotland yard is immiently successful with rounding up the rest of those involved in this monstrous plot.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Forsharry you are one sick cookie!! LOL! We think alike my friend - actually I think women generally are much more imaginative and sneaky than men and would ultimately be much better terrorists - and we lie better!

If there is a back log of planes on the ground, it makes sense to clear the long haul flights first (or at least as a priority) as short haul flights tend to be commuter type flights, with a higher schedule.

If Victoria bus station was backed up, they would concentrate on clearing out the buses to Scotland, Wales, and shrink the amount of incoming buses from Lewisham to clear the back log.

steve

I think I understand the logic now! Thanks for being patient - s(ome passengers on this flight are not all there!)

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    I think I understand the logic now! Thanks for being patient - s(ome passengers on this flight are not all there!)

LOL mate. I wasn't sure if it was your logic, or me waking up?

take care

steve

• forsharry
    forsharry

I would concur, Crumpet...must be genetic memory of the thousands of years of having to put up the front of being submissive and meek. ::gags::

This just disgusts me. I hate to be cliche, but can't we all just get along? I don't hate anyone...some people highly annoy me, but I don't plan on destroying an airplane half way across the world to prove some obscure point. It takes so much energy to hate...they must be utterly exhausted. Ah the things we do for 'god.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit