Wow. A really great insider story...

by DubBeachBabe 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubBeachBabe
    DubBeachBabe

This is one of the best-written and most insightful experiences I've read. If you're interested in how Bethel's Writing Department actually works, and recent scandals, this is a thought-provoking story.

I like this woman already.

It's very lengthy, so grab a cup of good coffee or a glass of wine, and settle in for a long read:

http://www.freeminds.org/women/barbdiscovery.htm

BB

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi DubBeachBabe, and welcome to the forum.

I read that Barbars Anderson story a while ago, and you are right, it is fascinating.

• DubBeachBabe
    DubBeachBabe

Hi Fullof

Thanks. I've spent some time on JWO, but ze man with ze rubber you-know-whats suggested this as a more interesting forum.

I fear that the huge numbers of posts and people here may be a bit intimidating, and may distract me from more important pursuits, like exploring good sauvignon blanc.

Let's see.

BB

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

"Welcome DubBeachBabe"!! from another beach babe!!

• DubBeachBabe
    DubBeachBabe

Hey beachbender

Thanks. So how do you do that, beach-bending? Is it like yoga on the beach in Florida?

• wednesday
    wednesday
    I fear that the huge numbers of posts and people here may be a bit intimidating,

After posting on JWO, nothing should scare or intimidate you. certainly not JWD.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, the account is fascinating.

I just hope Barbara Anderson is now working on a full length book on her experiences because she has a lot of knowledge that needs to be put on record.

So if Barbara Anderson is reading this - I would urge you, as others have also done, to please make a more complete record of your recollections available in the form of a book.

Slim

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I love the way she names people, places, and magazines w/dates.

I printed it out. It's only 22pages

lisa

• evergreen
    evergreen

Thanx Dbb , i have copied it to my files and will read it next on my list of peoples experiences.

• DubBeachBabe
    DubBeachBabe

This story may be bigger than we realise.

If you haven't personally been exposed to child sexual abuse, it's easy to say blah-di-blah. I certainly wasn't, in my almost idyllic childhood, and I couldn't imagine the relevance of the issue to my own life.

But when I read Barbara's article, it reminded me that I ran into an ex (or inactive) JW a few months ago, a guy who still stays in touch with people in the sea-side congregations where we were both involved in our active JW days.

He told me about an elder in our neighbouring congregation, a well-respected dentist, who had been having sex with his daughter for all those years.

I checked with my own sister, still very much part of that world. Yep, it's true.

Damn, I knew Uncle Gert and I had no idea. We had no idea.

He's no longer allowed to be an elder, and he's retired now, in a congregation further up the coast.

What can I say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit