My dog has been shunned......

by LuciousJ 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

Definately write a letter to PetSMart about your experience.

But don't take OSCAR to that silly girl. She'll take her hatred for you out on his "doo"

Anyway, she's a monkey's butt...who needs her?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

what would witnesses do ..........if everyone in the whole world had become JW's and then got DF.........

they would starve to death with that strategy.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Feed your dog a combination of raw hamburger, fish oil and cheese an hour before you take him in to get trimmed. It'll "work out " great !

• James Free
    James Free
    what would witnesses do ..........

if they were treated this way for being JW's. - They would sue petsmart for as much cash/publicity as they could muster. Their lawyers are always busy dealing with 'discrimination' against them.

But you can't actually sue the Org. for this one. Although they encourage the mentality that was displayed here, they would point out that no Watchtower article specifically said dogs of DA'd people should be shunned. Behind the scenes, they would praise the actions.

Report the employee, and also say you are taking legal advise regarding suing the company for damages. Soon you will need someone else to look after your dog because they will have been dismissed!

Then they will relate their story of 'persecution' at the local Convention - how they lost their job for upholding God's standards. No mention will be made of the 'persecution' they inflicted on you and your dog, and no mention of scriptures to back up their behaviour, since they don't exist!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    You owe it to both these idiots to report them to their management - at the highest possible level - and explain that you are being subjected to religious discrimination by their employees and that this discrimination is going to have a negative effect on their business because you are going to tell people about it! Then tell your neighbors and write some letters to the local media.

Damm straight!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Wow they are everywhere in your town, damn bet you can't go to McDonalds because they might spit in your egg McMuffin! Sorry to hear that, seems like DF gives the common JW a bit of power to make others feel bad for leaving the cult.

Next time I would say writing a letter to the corporate office Attn: Consumer Relations Dept. and cc: to Store manager, Just let them know how their employee treated you based on HER religious beliefs and are those that are supported by Petsmart.

I love writing letters, last one was over really bad service I got at a local restaurant, the corporate office sent me a gift certificate with a letter that the problem had been resolved. I don't like getting people fired but I don't like to be treated like shit and pay them money for the pleasure.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Tigerman--I like how you think!

I can't believe the JWs act this way, I thought the Society always counseled on how it is ok to continue business relationships with ex-JWs. That religion really screws up people's emotional make-up, so very sad!

I think you should threaten to sue both of the companies, maybe you'll get a few dollars out of it and bring some reproach on Jehoover's organization!

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

ROTFLMAO!

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

GOOD ADVICE EVERYONE......I'm taking it all in and deciding on what to do........do I stoop to her level and have her fired (and prove their philosophy that all ex-JW's are bad people and out for revenge....) or do I play it dignified and be above them and just keep going there with a smile on my face each time........

What to do, what to do....

LuciousJ

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

'. . . Therefore, disfellowshipping is a loving arrangement because it upholds God’s holy name and it protects the congregation from the corrupting influence of sin. Also, it demonstrates love for the wrongdoer by encouraging him to repent and “turn around so as to get [his] sins blotted out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the person of Jehovah.”'

- AWAKE! September 8, 1996, page 27, "THE BIBLE’S VIEWPOINT: WHY DISFELLOWSHIPPING IS A LOVING ARRANGEMENT"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit