What ended your first relationship?

by Dune 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Twitch, who's shaking his head? Or are you referring to yourself in third party? Don't shake anything loose

(((Robdar)))

Robyn, you get one more guess,....

I ain't loose, stop projecting,....;-)

(((Dune)))

Sorry to hear it going that way. Chin up, holmes. Take her advice, don't analyse it too much and move on.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My sabotaging mother.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In my case my best friend ran off with my girlfriend

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    my hoo hoo dilly

Aw, that's cute.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Fiance who had a nervous breakdown, DA'd himself ... but I did not give up, I hung in there and ignored the elders and everyone else. After around a year of being his emotional support, it got to be to much and the day it was over was the day he said to me "I am frightened that in 10 years you will look back on your life and regret that it was spent with me and my heart would break if that ever happened" because I realized that he was absolutely correct and it was time to move on. We are still really good friends now, but it took a long time for me to be able to date again because that who thing totally screwed with my mind.

Oh and BTW, that was caused me to seriously look at the inner working of the religion. The guy got reinstated so his family would stop shunning him, but he immediately stopped going to the hall or being a JW.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My first meaningful relationship was when I was 18 and just about to go off to University. We stayed together for over 3 years abd thought we would marry. Then I was contacted by jws, and he wasn't interested, so we drifted apart. So you couldsay that jws ended my first relationship.

• damselfly
    damselfly

We met and fell in love when we were still teens, married him a few years later. It all ended due to past emotional traumas and personal growth. I still love him but I'm no longer in love with him. We're not "the ones" for each other.

Dams

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

She got baptized and figured out that what we were doing would get her df'd if we ever got caught. That was that.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Ummm...any chick that is telling you to do that is doing the same.

I was totally going to say that.

My first relationship ended because we moved in together too soon. People confuse the need for some private time as pushing away. I like my space. Now I have a one year rule before even considering it and even then I would want a two bedroom so that there's like an office/exercise room to spend time in.

• poppers
    poppers

Her mother convinced her that she was too young to be in love, and that she should have more freedom. A month later she was involved with a married man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit