What ended your first relationship?

by Dune 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

I'm in a relationship now and its my first serious one.

She keeps telling me that she's scared because she believes i'll eventually get bored with her and start wondering how it feels like with other women. So she wants me to hook up with other girls when she goes out of the country for the fall semester.

Personally i dont want to, but this is making me wonder, in the average person's first ,serious relationship, whats the cause of the breakup?

Is it because one or more of the partners is bored and gives the other the boot?

Does one of the partners usually cheat?

Or was it simply infatuation and the relationship was doomed to failure?

Anything is greatly appreciated.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I had just left the JW's. I was 17 and in love. But, I didn't want marriage or committment. After all, that's what I thought would immediately happen. That's the way we were raised. I didn't know I didn't have to get married right away. I wish I would have known alot more then!! But don't we all!

• Warlock
    Warlock

It was the girl's mother that killed it. "There are many fish in the sea". Thanks a lot, lady.

That was 30 years ago. AM I BITTER, OR WHAT?

Warlock

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

First serious relationship was my marriage to "that good JW boy" when I was 18. It ended in divorce 7 years later, 3 years later than it should have, due to severe alcoholism and domestic violence. Actually, I wanted to back out of the marriage a month before, as I could see things I didn't like, but the wedding invitations were already sent, and I knew what the gossip would be like. As it is, I've found one thing to be grateful to him for: me leaving JWdom by the time I was 20.

• james_woods
    james_woods

My second real relationship.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Since it was more than 55 years ago, LOL, I can say it was because the man was a lousy kisser - and that's the truth!

• vitty
    vitty

Nothing im still in it.......................

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What ended your first relationship?

She didn't know I existed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He got another woman pregnant.

• daystar
    daystar

She went back to her high school love, who barely took notice of her back then, except for sex, when he returned from the navy... actually, she cheated on me with him. We were engaged.

But they're still married with children, and I'm deeply in love now, so good came of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit