Joe Namath did not win the Superbowl in 607BCE, and I can prove it.

by james_woods 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Joe Namth didn't do it, Troy Aikman and the Dallas Cowboys did!! Several times. I know cause I was there!! LOL

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I hate to rain on the football parade but… the real King of the North HAS to be ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
    Think about it, it makes perfect sense! alt

Terminator 2: Judgment Day now governor of the Bear.
    It’s only a matter of time till he takes over the world. I think Russell would be proud of me for figuring that out.

• rocketman
    rocketman

those Browns became Ravens, as mentioned), but alas, a new creation was suddenly brought forth in 537 BCE....er, 1999 CE. Prophecy fulfilled!!

Or, in modern-day terminology, Jehovah Gates released Cleveland Browns 2.0

• james_woods
    james_woods

Everyone does realize the full impact of "football false prophecy", don't we?

Remember what beloved Houston coach Bum Phillips said after their second failed attempt to get into the playoffs?

"Last year we knoced on the door. This year we banged on the door. And next year we're going to kick that SOB down!"

It didn't happen. And nobody claimed they snuck in "invisibly". So a great tribulation began for the Houston Oilers.

Bum's comment afterward? "Well, at the time, it seemed like a hell of a thing to say".

_________

I have to also say in reply to seven006:

Your cynical style is highly appreciated by this old, one time smart ass, poster.

This is the highest compliment I have ever received here on JWD. Your ass still seems quite smart. I always thought we shared more intelectually than just the black Porsches!

Good to hear from you again,

James

• kid-A
    kid-A

Finally, someone has put the entire "607" debate in its proper context. A meaningless bag of flaming dog poop!

The 50 page circular 607 threads never cease to amaze me. Endless repetition of the same fictional, unprovable pseudo-historical biblical babbling with the SAME inevitable conclusion:

The apologist CONTINUES to believe the veracity of 607 despite 50 pages of evidence to the contrary. And what if the error of 607 was proven beyond any reasonable doubt?

The WTS would easily fluff over this as the revelation of "new light", as simply as they escaped, unscathed, from the elastic generation of 1914. It is simply a non-sequitor.

607 is not what keeps dubs in the borg nor will the proof or disproof of it have any impact whatsover on the future of the WTS. The evil of the WTS stands alone

in the willful sacrifice of children, the tearing apart of families, the UN hypocrisy and the harbouring of child molesters. These are the issues that matter and are the ONLY ones that have

any serious potential to cause serious harm to the brooklyn goons.

• read good books
    read good books

I think Nameth also predicted the Vikings would loose to the AFL team, I believe it was the ? he was right. Much better prrophet than Russel.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    1975 is lost to the watchtower as a prophetic cause . Not only did they "never say it", (yeah, sure), but they have given up the 7000 year creative days it was based upon.

Current teaching and current publications have given up the 7000 year creative day, but I find no references that say it is wrong in WT pubs. Basically, unless I find something that admits the Governing Body and Fred Franz were "wrong," I say they have stuck with this theory and they just hope newer witnesses have forgotten about it. My mother remembers why 1975 did not bring the end. She can still state how "we don't know how long after Adam's creation was finished that Eve was created, and how long after that before she sinned (indicating that the creative day was finished when she sinned). The average rank and file have no clues about 7000 years to a single creative-day, but last time the WT addressed it, they were sticking to it.

Doctrine that are not constantly repeated are forgotten.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just had to go find this (yes, it was mine, but I shamelessly did it anyway) and give it an honorary rerun once again - after we mentioned Scholar and the 607 BCE stuff. Maybe with all the anxiety (gay political, or whatever) I had sort of forgotten JWD of 2 1/2 years ago.

This kind of discussion - and even the pro-WTS lurkers are sadly missed by James. Seven006 posts are missed - along with the many others who played along with the football thing and put up hilarious comments too.

There was a time when hardly a week went by without hotly debated 607 BCE nonsense threads. Now it is hotly debated 9/11 nonsense threads.

I think that we have lost a lot in that regard, almost as if the whole board sort of lost topic lately.

again sincerely,

James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit