Joe Namath did not win the Superbowl in 607BCE, and I can prove it.

by james_woods 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

Perhaps some will be completely bewildered by this title. Perhaps many will say - are you crazy, James? What does it matter?

Well, this observer is totally bewildered by the antics of the past week on the 607 date and its relevance to anything religious today (other than as a point of historical interest). Yet here we have a series of unreadable, illogical, and angry threads on something equally silly as what year Broadway Joe won the SuperBowl while wearing ladies pantyhose. One got bad enough to garner correction from a moderator.

Let's think about this for a moment...the issue is ludicrous upon it's face. Scholar and ThirdWitnesses are arguing over approximately 25 years discrepency in a chronology fixed not by the Bible, but only by secular dating references. In the face of overwhelming agreement amoung real historical reference, they still want to fix their own date for destruction of the temple, etc. So why do the JW apologists have their shorts tied in a knot over this insignificant date?

It is really quite simple. They need the date to be just that to hang on to their precious 1914. Let me give you guys a wake-up call: what Russell prophecied in 1914 was the end of the world, not the "invisible coming of the lord". He thought that the lord had already come "invisibly" years before and that 1914 was the big one. His twisted chronology defies logical description. So, 1914 did not work out as a prophecy. It is time to get over it. There is in WT prophecy today, no other relevant connection to 607BCE that I can currently discover - to wit:

1975 is lost to the watchtower as a prophetic cause. Not only did they "never say it", (yeah, sure), but they have given up the 7000 year creative days it was based upon.

The "Generation" that saw the events of 1914 is lost to the watchtower as a prophetic cause. They admitted it themselves amongst great contraversy in the 1990s. The stated lifetime of that generation did not happen, and they had to retract their words.

World War One as a prophecy is lost to the watchtower as a prophetic cause. A far bigger war happened a few decades later, and Rutherford totally blew the chance to make any kind of prophecy that made sense about that one. It even culminated in the first use of the atomic bomb. Anyway, they did not prophecy a 4 year long European war, but rather the end of this system of things.!!!!

Lets face it, 607 enthusiasts and prophetic apologizers...you are not discussing God, Jesus Christ, Good & Evil, or anything of any remote religious value with this junk history - the prophecies derived from the phony 607 in themselves are a bust!

Come on now, third witness, didn't you yourself feel a little twinge of the creeps when they told you the Generation of 1914 didn't mean what they used to say? Don't we all have some better issues than this one with which to occupy our time?

Sincerely, James

• Gopher
    Gopher

Joe Namath is a better prophet than Frederick W. Franz, who excited millions of JW's into believing that the end was 1975 or soon after.

Joe has concrete proof that what he said came true. Final score N.Y. Jets 16, Baltimore Colts 7. It happened on 1/12/69 and 75,389 people sitting in the Orange Bowl saw it with their own eyes.

The Babylonian team defeated the Israelites in 587-586 BCE by a rather large score.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ha! Gopher - you immediately got my little "prophetic irony"! Excellent work!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Joe Namath is a better prophet than Frederick W. Franz

And he probably looked better in pantyhose.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

But James, you're forgetting that there would be the forty years desolation of the Jets. Because you refuse to pay attention to a prophecy that has nothing to do with the Jets upset in 1949, you cling to a false apostate date. Why would you believe a hedonist "Broadway Joe" over the words of the Celebrated Watchtower Scholars TM ?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, SirNose, at least he won the game!

And he sure did look sharp in that full-length mink coat.

Here, he shows clear superiority over "celebrated watchtower scholors" and even J.Edgar Hoover in this regard:

He wore his ladies garments in public and carried it off with a style not seen since (well, at least until Dennis Rodman...)

Good - I hope some certain scholarly posters are getting the point of how silly their whole date thing is.

James

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Oh my this thread is so funny!!! I love the football references I'll have to think of some

• Warlock
    Warlock

James,

Even though I really don't get into that 607 proof stuff, you make some good points I never considered.

Like the ORIGINAL Russell thought about 1914. Failed. Changed.

1975. Failed. Changed.

"this generation". Failed. Changed.

So why debate a faulty date, especially when you can see its failures through modern history.

Warlock

• bebu
    bebu
    Lets face it, 607 enthusiasts and prophetic apologizers...you are not discussing God, Jesus Christ, Good & Evil, or anything of any remote religious value with this junk history - the prophecies derived from the phony 607 in themselves are a bust!

thought that needed a little bit more emphasis!

It's a very good point!!!!

bebu

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    But James, you're forgetting that there would be the forty years desolation of the Jets. Because you refuse to pay attention to a prophecy that has nothing to do with the Jets upset in 1949, you cling to a false apostate date. Why would you believe a hedonist "Broadway Joe" over the words of the Celebrated Watchtower Scholars TM ?

You are also forgetting about the fall of the Houston Oilers in 1996. That's right, Houston suffered a mighty blow and was left ruined forever! Yea, yea, Houston has another franchise playing on the same property as the Oilers did, but the Oil Derek will never rise again. (Tyre arguement)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit