Has anybody successfully quit using caffeine altogether?

by DanTheMan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Altogether, no. But I've been without coffee for over a week now, and I've been sleeping more at night. I think a lost a couple pounds, too.

Diet coke is pretty much it for my caffeiene intake lately. It's hard, but so far, worth it.

• Soledad
    Soledad

GOOD GOD in heaven if I am ever forced to give up coffee!! Not happenin! My day doesn't officially start without it......even if it's at 5pm!! (I work a night shift now).

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

I used to get awesome headaches -- and "awesome" is putting it mildly -- from skipping a cup of coffee after having one or two the previous day. Then I discovered that Exedrin won't allow the headache to happen if you take it around the same time that you had coffee on the previous day. For good measure I took an Exedrin at the same time on the next day as well.

Nowadays I drink Green Tea. I have a cup in the morning and one at noon, but any kind of caffiene product will not let me sleep well if I take it after 4 p.m.

Frank

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I tried to do atkins diet with hubby last year....no sugar, caffeine, or carbs. I seriously detoxed. I was feeling slightly insane for about 6 days. I was moody, irritable, and irrational. I did start to feel better after that though. I had to do it cold turkey. I can get by without coffee now but I do enjoy my morning coffee soooo much.

• whyizit
    whyizit

SURE! LOTS OF TIMES! :)

It's best not to go "cold turkey". I like a little caffeine. I go with the 1/2 caffiene coffee. Never drink it after 3pm.

Heard there is a new product out. It's a pop-sickle stick type device, that when you stir your drink, it sucks the caffeine out.

Best wishes to you! Always love it when someone makes a good decision for thier health!

• mama1119
    mama1119

I did when I was pregnant and I tell you, I never felt better. For me its more of the comfort of having something warm in a cup in the morning. I replaced it first with green tea, then decaff tea. I still had my habit, but no caffeine....worked well

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I have tried, and was very unsuccessful at it.

TresHappy of the loves Diet Coke class

• free2beme
    free2beme

If I did, Starbuck's stock value would drop.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes... It was a wreck on my anxiety levels, and it started to give me heart palpitations to boot about 10 years ago, so I avoid it completely. I find now that the ritual of drinking coffee, even if it is decaf, helps me wake up just fine. Once you ween yourself off the caffeine addiction, you'll be just fine.

A good way to get off of the caffeine without suffering is to ween yourself off of it slowly.
    For one week, replace 1/4 of your regular coffee with Decaf, the next week, replace 1/2, the next week 3/4 and then by the 4th week, you should be able to replace it completely with decaf without suffering.

I love a good starbucks as much as the next person, but they make decaf too! . Thankfully, we are past the days of needing to drink the dehydrated crappy Sanka if we want decaf!

Good luck!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Thankfully, we are past the days of needing to drink the dehydrated crappy Sanka if we want decaf!

yeah, that stuff was like they put dirt in a can and passed it off as coffee, lol. Usually I really don't like decaf, but maybe I'll give Starbuck's version of it a try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit