Has anybody successfully quit using caffeine altogether?

by DanTheMan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<I find that the general definition of a "cup" of coffee is between 6 and 8 ounces, and so that whatever you're getting at starbucks is probably at least worth three cups :)>>

Which is why I love it so much ;D

Dams

• Carmel
    Carmel

How do you define "sucessful"?

Been without for three years. The only problem is often there is nothing else served at functions except coffee or hot water so I've learned to carry my own de-cafe bags with my splenda.

\carmel/

• sinis
    sinis

Hell, the GB at one time was entertaining the idea of banning caffeine and was shot down since the felt the R&F would split.

• Taythan
    Taythan

quitting caffeine? rejecting tea....one of the two sacred elixers of life? I could never get addicted to tobacco, quitting pop was easy, but caffeine I am hooked forever.

• Celia
    Celia
    I have found a grain beverage called Pero that is pretty good though, it's black and sorta bitter; you wouldn't mistake it for coffee but it has it's own unique flavor that I find to be pleasant enough.

Is it chicory ? I like it. I start the day with a cup of coffee, but that's the only time I drink coffee.

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI Dan,

I quit drinking caffeine at least once a year. I gradually reduce my dosage over the course of a week.

I buy my coffee at the cafeteria at work. The first day (Monday) I get 3/4 cup caffeine, 1/4 decaf. The next day a bit less caffeinated, the next day a bit less. By Friday I'm down to only 1/4 cup caffeinated. On Saturday & Sunday, I sleep late and don't need the coffee in the morning. I have some ice tea at lunch both days. I seldom get headaches, and if I do, I just drink more tea.

Good luck!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I quit a year ago. Had one cup once by accident and noticed the difference, I felt a little nervous and realized that the server gave me regular rather than decafe. Otherwise I'm fine without the regular. Two cups of decafe before work do just as good for me. I quit cold turkey.

Blueblades

• Angelica
    Angelica

Coffee affects every person differently and differently each day!

I didn't suffer the "withdrawal" effects when I quit, cold turkey, but I think about it every day, like an alcholic!

The reason for stopping? A friend told me I was, "too hyper" and I needed to "chill out". He actually included the comment to align my breathing with the wind and my heartbeat and to "say three prayers to Buddha"! LOL I guess it was time!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I quit a year ago. Had one cup once by accident and noticed the difference, I felt a little nervous and realized that the server gave me regular rather than decafe. Otherwise I'm fine without the regular. Two cups of decafe before work do just as good for me. I quit cold turkey.

Blueblades

Good deal! What prompted you to quit?

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

I am a big soda drinker(bad Dr Pepper addict) couldn't start my day without a 44oz. Dr pepper from the local convemience store. Not into coffee it is too hot down here.

But I realized I was sleeping less or not having a good nights sleep. Weight gain and was irritable. So I quit cold turkey about 3 or 4 months ago. Drink lots of water or have green tea or regular iced tea. Now I sleep very well thru the night, lost weight, and I am in a better mood. Whether it was the caffiene or the sugar or the combination. I know i am better for quiting the sodas and so much caffinated drinks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit